Anyone got a gong they shoot at 1k regularly? What size is it please? I was thinking of a head/body thing supported by the shoulders so it can be used closer if necessary.

I have Gary, its 15" diametre 1/2" thick hot rolled steel plate which makes it pretty hard, suspended by chains from a kiddies swing frame it makes an approx. 1.5 moa target @ 1000yds.

Our 1k spot has an almost year round large puddle in which we place the gong, bullet splash from the gong can be observed in the water through the scope before the clang is heard.

Ian.

On the few occasions we have land to shoot out to 1000yards we use a 6" BH targets gong. Its bigger than the F class V bull we normally practice on. Tiff of RRC fame and BH both sell IPSC targets.

1/2" thick hot rolled steel plate which makes it pretty hard, suspended by chains from a kiddies swing frame it makes an approx. 1.5 moa target @ 1000yds.

Don't the kids in the play ground gr scared by the noise ????

1/2" thick hot rolled steel plate which makes it pretty hard, suspended by chains from a kiddies swing frame it makes an approx. 1.5 moa target @ 1000yds.

Don't the kids in the play ground gr scared by the noise ????

Stopping them running in front of the gong is the real problem LOL!!

Ian.

Anyone got a gong they shoot at 1k regularly? What size is it please? I was thinking of a head/body thing supported by the shoulders so it can be used closer if necessary.

Gary, BH Targets do head and torso -the standard is in AR500 grade,£25 and is 10mm thick x250x160 with two suspending holes..

Round/square ones too are very good. Bruce I think will do 'custom' sizes/shapes' to challenge even a Blaser.Good stuff.

gbal

Just made a 12inch circle plate from hardox, stuff is tough....er than nails :D

P.s I hung mine from bike inner-tubes; last thing you want is to haul your ass a K for a bad elevation call every time it drops trow!

Archived