Redding neck bushings

Elwood

Am I the only person finding their sizes in-accurate? for instance I have a .248 titanium bushing that sizes to .246 and virtually every other bushing sizes one size lower than stated!

Doesn't exactly make it easy to get the correct bushing size first time, although I now order at least one size bigger than I actually need as well as the correct size.

I wouldn't mind if they were tuppence, but they aren't!

Hi Ian

does the bushing measure .248" (I/D)? could be a wrong un!

After turning the cases to the desired size, I then make a loaded round and measure the neck diameter to ensure there is clearance for expansion on firing in the chamber (.002 - .003 overall)

Then I use the loaded round measurement minus .002" to get the bushing diameter I require.

Remember that you always get some spring back after resizing due to the elasticity of brass - this may be where your larger measurements are coming from.

The brass should be just a little over the bushing size but not two thou over, it may be that your neck wall is just a little too thick and youre getting some more spring back than usual.

Just an idea.

I found the same as Elwood.

I was expecting some spring back ie: the final loaded round would be 1-2 thou larger than the bushing.

Nope it's smaller than the stated bushing size, at least with my ham fisted measuring .....

TC

Have to say that when I get a new bushing, I tend to get one size smaller too, "just in case"

Archived