Primos 3 leg Shooting sticks

I've just bought a set. I really like them so far. Near silent to deploy and well made.

I walk when shooting at this time of year and I don't like lying down in sh!t to use a bipod. I got the two point support add on aswell so I can set up the rifle and still use the thermal to scan. Not the best for a heavy rifle and wouldn't leave the rifle in the support unattended but it does what I need it too very well

They are good but beware after using them in the wet/snow/ice.....the plungers at the bottom of the legs will seize as there is little in the way of a seal to prevent water settling within.....my set of Primos 2 failed after 12 months however this would not stop me buying another set as i have shot many deer from them, although next time i will remember to dry them out properly and not just leave them in the car

Thanks chaps. Is the solution to spray some silicone release spray on them - as a Harris - and thus keep them maintained ?

A set of Primos 1's that my father has he tried that...didn't work, keep them dry and away from condensation my best advice

They are good but beware after using them in the wet/snow/ice.....the plungers at the bottom of the legs will seize as there is little in the way of a seal to prevent water settling within.....my set of Primos 2 failed after 12 months however this would not stop me buying another set as i have shot many deer from them, although next time i will remember to dry them out properly and not just leave them in the car

The lower legs on my sticks were heavily glued to the collars and were obviously done so to prevent maintenance.

WP_20150517_002.jpg

Between the two vertical grooves on the above picture sat a white split PTFE washer which would not prevent water getting to the moving parts. The PTFE washer is shown below and was split on all three legs.

WP_20150517_003.jpg

When the trigger is depressed the legs move apart like below

WP_20150517_001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I would save your money and get a decent set of sticks like the knobloch jagd. Height adjustable and less fangled than the Primus sticks.

Or quads, like the Hammond Viper sticks.

I just make my own quad sticks and opt never to shoot from a seated position.

Archived