New mod for .223 / 5.56

Would you say that the CQB is the best of the ASE UTRA range for the .223 / 5.56 ?

Well the Jet-Z Compact is a bit longer but noise suppression is rated the same on their website, maybe because the CQB is specifically designed for .223

The CQBS isn't far behind and while it may not be quite as quiet, it does a very good job of knocking the sound off....and that's all that matters

Breacher is using a CQBS on his BAR 15 in place of a brake, as the Doofer® was wreaking havoc with his tinnitus, and to be honest I am thinking about doing likewise

The CQB is a great 5.56 moderator, but its prone to rusting. I had one for about 3 years on a 20TAC that saw a lot of shooting, Colin at OLC made a stainless mod for me that's about the same dimensions and weight, and just as good at moderation, but it's stainless( and cheaper too).

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

A few people in NZ are wating on Oceania Defence Limited new QD 223 cans , two types of QD , one a rachet one & the other a 2 lever cam lock jobbie , made for the M4 size 223 rifles , 3d printed TI .

Design is being finalised now .

Rob,

Just been thru' this exercise while sorting NV for my 223, ended up with a Hausken MD45 22CF specific suppressor ( see here: http://www.hausken.no/portfolio/md-mini/?lang=en ) weighs about 6.5 oz (180g), not too big thus:

NV%20set%20up_zpsejgd6ftk.jpg

Also only about £130 :)

Brgds Terry

Archived