New Atlas Bipod (I am being festive, but..)

Is it essentially the same as the previous with the addition of some curvey but to lower the over centre of gravity?

Do the legs fold square of work in towards the barrel?

It will not lower the centre of gravity.

As I have understood it from my research, one needs to move the pivot point of the interface with forend higher rather than the pivot point of the interface between the legs and the rest of the bipod, for most effect on centre of gravity.

I had looked at building an adaptor ( top rail mounted ) to take the Atlas legs but it would have been too expensive. It was easier to start from scratch with the Phoenix Bipod.

It will not lower the centre of gravity.

As I have understood it from my research, one needs to move the pivot point of the interface with forend higher rather than the pivot point of the interface between the legs and the rest of the bipod, for most effect on centre of gravity.

I had looked at building an adaptor ( top rail mounted ) to take the Atlas legs but it would have been too expensive. It was easier to start from scratch with the Phoenix Bipod.

Thanks for the heads up will look into the Phoenix.

That's a really good piece of kit I've got two Atlas bipods and rails fitted to every centre fire rifle for them so I can swap them around. I've tried the Harris and find it to loud to use. As for those who find them to expensive I can't find anything else for less muney that's built to the same standard. I use mine for stalking, foxing, and have shot Mc queens off one.

Archived