reloading area

foxshot

well the kitchen table is no longer my loading area atlast,spent a little cash and now have an area dedicated to reloading,not a big set up but works very well for my needs,obviously no powder,primers or heads ops i mean bullets are stored here

picture048qg7.jpg

picture049fv2.jpg

improvised primer catcher keeps floor clean

picturefr9.jpg

Hi Shrek & BB.

I suppose regular use will keep the rust gremlins at bay.

I loaded some more Bushytail Bashers for `colin` last night and a few for myself whilst the powder was still in the hopper.

A supply of Vit.N140 has appeared also another 300 75gr V.Max for the .243 so I can be ready for the young Carrion Crows when the farmers get the grass off.

Keep tuned in for the next Bowscar Bash, our benefactor has again given us a days Red Deer stalking as the principal prize.

HWH.

I have a condensation problem in my roof that various builders seem unable to solve, made worse I suspect by my boarding over the top of a foot of insulation.

I have to clean and oil all my bits that are stored up there on a regular basis in the winter, I now keep dies and presses in the main part of the house. Mind you I dont really reload much between maybe October and March.

I have a large container in the garden for tools etc, maybe I should keep the presses, dies etc in there instead.

A

Winter time is one thing i am a little worried about i give the dies ,case trimmer a light oiling so hope this prevents any damage ,i was wondering if there is any low cost heating system that would keep the area warm

Nice to have a room of your own to reload and pass the time quietly in your pursuits.

I have a room in the house that sole purpose is loading with a couple of presses set up permanently on a large, heavy duty table, one side is for case prep (sizing and loading), the other for weighing and trickling powder.

Central heating makes rust a non issue and I use pretty much all my gear throughout the year anyway.

All the dies are stored above on shelves above and the powder etc in a safe area elswhere.

Re those with places subject to condensation, a low cost greenhouse heater on a timer could be your answer to remove the dampness from the air?

Hi foxshot,

It looks at lot better than the kitchen table that we first started at a few years ago! Really nice set up & I see that you are now in to the wilson stuff as well!

Been doing some load development this weekend with the 243 AI and it looks very promising, got her up to 3235 fps with the 105 Amax's, i will post the results soon.

Stag 1933,

I recognise that cold seller! What you been shooting with that 243 SAKO that I sold you?

Steve

Winter time is one thing i am a little worried about i give the dies ,case trimmer a light oiling so hope this prevents any damage ,i was wondering if there is any low cost heating system that would keep the area warm

You get the single bar heaters that cost pennys to run. Ive got one in the garden shed and it runs through out the winter. Keeps them fine and warm.

Ads

Hey Steve

when did they let you back in?

Nice to have you on board matey :lol:

I have a condensation problem in my roof that various builders seem unable to solve, made worse I suspect by my boarding over the top of a foot of insulation.

I have to clean and oil all my bits that are stored up there on a regular basis in the winter, I now keep dies and presses in the main part of the house. Mind you I dont really reload much between maybe October and March.

I have a large container in the garden for tools etc, maybe I should keep the presses, dies etc in there instead.

A

A cheap de-humidifier will remove your condensation problem, heaters only warm up already damp air. Try one and you'll be amazed at how much water you have to remove from the catch tank each day. They cost peanuts to run and are the real solution to your problem, heat helps but won't competely

remove the water .

Pete.

Hi Steve.

Welcome on board.

The Sako is still the one-holer it was when you sold it to me , the only problem is that I am now 75 years old and life becomes harder when you are a partially sighted `wrinkly`.

We had the Border Stalkers shoot at Bowscar on June 15th and I managed to win outright the 125 yard 3 shot pool shoot with the only 30/30 on the day.[36 entries.] [The card would have looked better with one click left and two clicks up.]

I had a cock-shot off the sticks in the main comp. at a measily 40 yards and ended up with 11 bulls and a cock 8 . [118/120.]

Currently I am using 68gr HP Bergers in it and as you can see it likes them, I am also now on the Vit.N140 powder.

I was at your old friends at Keekle on Sunday getting some more 75gr V.Max. for the Carrions, [103 so far this year and 10 Maggies.]

Now you are on board you can keep a check on us, Big John was here tonight, he is up to his eyeballs in eggs and pheasant chicks at the moment.

Best regards to yourself and the family.

HWH.

Sako24368grBerger.jpg

Yes there is , Midway UK have them, called a Golden Rod,

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.exe/b...tring=10615+***

cheap but only 110 volt so a reducer needed.

The yanks put then into their storage cabinates, must have some big ones !.

Might be able to rig something using a 240v 100w bulb.

A

Over the years most domestic fires were caused by the domestic light bulb heaters, they get up to burning heat quite quickly! as Menial says the dehumidifier is the answer, I have used one for years now and it has saved me a lot of rust, more so it also keeps your powder dry and very consistant in its burn rate.

Normally a small one is quite enough and will not cost a lot to run. Recently got a new one which I can set the humidity on and it is then automatic.

Humidity at 65% is about right, too dry or too wet, both are bad in their own ways, like stocks splitting etc, but after a day out in the wet a wipe of oil and the dryer on and your rifle is safe from rust overnight :mad:

Redfox

Archived