Newby -Tikka M55 .308

stu47

Hi all,

Been lurking around a while, reading, researching etc...

I'm new to Centre Fire Rifles but have had a CZ455 in .22LR and an Anschutz 1517 in .17hmr for years, mainly target shooting. Prior to this I shot HFT for years then moved onto PSG with my SX3 Flannigan.

First (and only) CF rifle so far is my Tikka M55 in .308 and I've just started handloading so a very steep learning curve as of late.

Love the site, the good natured banter and the information and I would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thanks to gbal (George) for some advice he's given me - top bloke and an absolute oracle of information.

All the best lads (and lasses) - Stu.

Good on you stu , taking the plunge to reloading . It will reward you and make you feel great when you can build quality match ammo to your rifles chamber dimensions ! As for experienced members , gbal ( i like to think of '"golden balls "' :P ) as one of our most intuitive along with many others that help others with issues / problems etc . Welcome aboard your in good hands . - all the best - tim.

Cheers all!

I've found that so far my Tikka likes SMK155's over, 43.8grs of N140, with a CCI BR2 primer all assembled in Lapua brass at an ogive of 2.175" - has given me (my one and only so far) .4moa 5 x shot group.

I have discovered that the throat on my rifle is enormous! A Lapua 155 is just in the case mouth when touching the lands (C of R). I have tried SMK168 with n140 and n150 and it just doesn't work so I may go SMK175 in the future.

I have 2 mags (that came with the rifle) but that's a good find at defender should I lose/ trash one in the future!

Thanks gents!

Archived