Organised Poaching in Kent

Deeredriver

We have recieved notification from Kent Police via the National Farmers Union of Organised poaching which is about to take place.

Here part of the email received.

Kent Police has received the following information which may be of interest to your members/contacts:

“Between 1st September and Christmas 2015, people in and around the Dartford area are holding a competition around shooting the maximum amount of wildlife in order to win a prize fund. This was run last year, information suggests £500 each is being placed into a prize fund pot that totals £10,000 and the winner takes all ‘having shot the most foxes, badgers etc.’

We have not been able to verify the validity of this information at present but as the crops are now coming there is likely to be an increase in Poaching/Hare Coursing calls in the Dartford area and across the entire county. I would be grateful if you can remind Farmers/landowners/gamekeepers to report all incidents to Kent Police to enable us to effectively deal with this problem. FYI the Rural Liaison Team will be running Operation Salmon, our annual anti-poaching operation from September 2015 – March 2016 and require as much intelligence as possible to reduce the misery that this activity causes.''

Thanks for the info.

A few years ago we had poachers on our land. I went to tell them to bugger off and got a shotgun shot over my head. I went back to the house and called the police who said they were busy. An hour later the police called and asked if I was ok, I told them I had been shot and died. Fat lot of good they were.

We have recieved notification from Kent Police via the National Farmers Union of Organised poaching which is about to take place.

Here part of the email received.

Kent Police has received the following information which may be of interest to your members/contacts:

“Between 1st September and Christmas 2015, people in and around the Dartford area are holding a competition around shooting the maximum amount of wildlife in order to win a prize fund. This was run last year, information suggests £500 each is being placed into a prize fund pot that totals £10,000 and the winner takes all ‘having shot the most foxes, badgers etc.’

We have not been able to verify the validity of this information at present but as the crops are now coming there is likely to be an increase in Poaching/Hare Coursing calls in the Dartford area and across the entire county. I would be grateful if you can remind Farmers/landowners/gamekeepers to report all incidents to Kent Police to enable us to effectively deal with this problem. FYI the Rural Liaison Team will be running Operation Salmon, our annual anti-poaching operation from September 2015 – March 2016 and require as much intelligence as possible to reduce the misery that this activity causes.''

So where do you get your entry form? :)

Archived