GEMPRO 250 Precision Scales

J0N

Hi,

I’ve done short review of the GEMPRO 250 Scales, I test to see how consistently the scales weigh, as well as how they cope with precise powder tricking. I also do a drift test to see how much they drift over time. Let me know what you thin

Cheers
Jon

As a strain gauge based system, they're not too bad but they'll never match the performance of a magnetic force restoration scale. I wouldn't want any scale that you have to lift and replace the pan to get a "valid" reading. Never have to think about it with my A&D scales and they -never- drift.

A&D FX-120i

Cambridge Environmental in Canada had them for CA$400 a couple of years back which is when I grabbed one. Have never regretted outlaying for this item.

As a strain gauge based system, they're not too bad but they'll never match the performance of a magnetic force restoration scale. I wouldn't want any scale that you have to lift and replace the pan to get a "valid" reading. Never have to think about it with my A&D scales and they -never- drift.

Thanks for that - Yeah id like to get a force restoration scale, need to see when an affordable one comes up:)

i have gem pro 250 scales and have never had to lift the pan.they register every kernel i drop in and when tested with 505 balance beam they have never been more than 1 kernel out of each other.good enough for me...

Mine definitely don't always register the last couple of kernals, but i don't mind lifting the pan for now. How long have you had your scale for, mine was only bought a few months ago.

Yesterday I bought a set of the A & D scales from a company called www.scalesandbalances.co.uk, having had a long discussion with a very nice knowledgeable lady who advised me these where the scales I needed rather than a set costing twice as much. The set without the internal calibration were £375 + vat and bought from a british company.

Yesterday I bought a set of the A & D scales from a company called www.scalesandbalances.co.uk, having had a long discussion with a very nice knowledgeable lady who advised me these where the scales I needed rather than a set costing twice as much. The set without the internal calibration were £375 + vat and bought from a british company.

I would be interested in what you think of them once you have had time to use them?

Cheers

Jon

Archived