Ruger surprises everyone...

MarinePMI

• 2 weeks later...

I've now shot three of these rifles; my 308, and my buddy's 6.5 and new 308. On paper, the grouping of any of them is truly amazing. I am not as good a shot as my friend but I have done my best long (er) range shooting with this RPR.

My problem with my RPR? The stock. Too gadgety for me so I installed a new stock extension tube and a MagPul PRS I swiped from my AR-10. Seems cleaner, better balanced and less prone to catching on things. Certainly more comfortable but that's me. My friend has no problems with his stocks. Another change that was somewhat forced on me was an aftermarket bolt extension. Hearing that someone had accidentally crushed this polymer tube, a fellow in the next State over started machining replacements out of aluminum. My friend's mother-in-law lives only a few miles from the shop and was asked to pick up three units. My friend gave one to me. I admit, I like it. I keep the Ruger bolt extension tube in my shooting pack as it houses the bolt disassembly tool.

I've not messed with the trigger at all. It is crisp and not overly light at just a little over 2 pounds.

All in all, a lot of fun.

Now to keep it fed! :) ~Andrew

Archived