24in barrel. Screw cut M17x1 by Steve Kershaw. 1 in 9 1/8 twist. Very good condition.

HS Precision PSS stock (with aluminium bedding block).

Near new Timney trigger which breaks at 1.5lb. C-prefix action, which I am told is one of the better quality Remington 700 actions.

I have shot this with both Norma 75gr Vmax factory rounds and 100gr softpoint home loads.

VGC Atec Maxim moderator and Warne bases and rings included in sale.

£750. £600 for rifle only. Face to face preferred.

Thanks

post-12943-0-16649100-1437305846_thumb.jpg

post-12943-0-42144600-1437305858_thumb.jpg

I'm sure someone here would confirm either way, but I was sold it as a PSS and have seen mention online of others with a PSS in .243 also. This is the original factory barrel, though 24in rather than 26in which the .223 and .308 versions seem to have. Definitely the HS pss stock too, and parkerised finish to the metalwork. I could try emailing Remington the serial no. to double check I suppose.

If any help I can say that I have owned a PSS in .243 albeit approx 18 years ago but definitely a .243 and spec wise it was identical to the .223 and .308 PSS rifles that it sat alongside, all parkerised finish and identical stocks, and to best of my knowledge they are only available in .308,.223 and .300 win mag now, but could be wrong. Hope this helps.

me to18 years ago I bought one in 243 and as ubique said it came exactly as specs as 223 and 308 but the original first spec 223 rem came in a 1 in 12 twist great rifle my all time fox gun so Otis don't worry Remington did make a 243 rem pss COZ I GOT ONE dave ps I wish I still had it and it cost £580 brand new still got the receit

good afternoon,the rem pss in .243 with a 20inch barrel was an order for the police evaluation team in the 1980s don't know how many came to the civvy market but I do know that the police chose another rifle at the time,so the exdemo remingtons could still be out there good rifles and should last a life time stalking if not a bit heavy.good luck with the sale.sorry to post this in the sales section but it may be of interest to some one.....

no problem I think Remington made the 243, pss for the us market because the 223 and 308 was made for the law enforcement only and civilian,s couldn't get them but the 243 didn't take of so they shipped the243 pss to Europe where it was a more popular calibre anyway that's what Remington told me because at the time both Remington and Winchester were in competi,tion to sell there rifles e.g. Winchester stealth model and the rem pss to all the law enforcement agency,s I hope that help,s

According to Remington this is indeed a Police PSS, manufactured in 1993. Remington added that, according to their records, it was originally chambered in .308! However, the barrel is certainly a .243 Remington barrel and has the same finish etc as the action, and certainly doesn't look like it has been rebarrelled?!

Pic is of four shots at 100m with 100gr sierra prohunters and n160 @ 2915fps. Shot on left is the first from a clean cold barrel. It also shoots superbly with 75gr vmax factory ammo. I love this rifle but it is heavy and I recently bought a lightweight .260 which is getting used more.

post-12943-0-57987600-1437396492_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

A difficult decision, but I have once again decided to put this up for sale after changing my mind numerous times. It's just not getting used much.

Took it out to check zero a couple of weeks ago and shot this four shot group @110yd with my 100gr Sierra pro hunter load. It shoots factory 75gr vmax in a similar fashion.

post-12943-0-23316900-1460831031_thumb.jpeg

Would prefer to sell as a package: rifle, mod, bases and rings (30mm) for £750.

Face to face preferred and I could therefore throw in my Norma brass and a number of bullets. Also advertised elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale.

I had this rifle borescoped today and can confirm the bore is in excellent condition.

£750 for rifle, mod, bases and rings. £600 rifle only.

I would also consider a px deal with a Blaser R93 barrel in 6.5x55 or .243

• 2 weeks later...

Archived