Lothar Walther Ultra Lightweight Barrels

brown dog

Not fullbore Matt.

They make the liners for the Volquartsen .22 rimfire carbon barrels. These are not wrapped, but fitted between two threaded ends between a carbon tube and frozen, then tightened. When they warm up , they lock up. These are renowned as the most accurate semi barrels there are.

I've also used the Majestic arms barrels, which are made by walther as you describe. Never saw one that was anything but distinctly average though.

I don't know. You have two very different cooling rates of metal bonded together. It would be interesting when the barrel got really hot.

I've seen a number of the VQ barrels go off. They just got to the point where they wouldn't group anymore which is pretty unusual for a .22LR barrel. The theory is that they somehow lose tension after X amount of rounds. I have no idea how you'd go about proving this but I've seen at least 3 of them that simply wouldn't group anymore.

Edit to add that I have a 12" one on my Bianchi rifle and it's accurate as hell and is showing no signs of going off, yet.

Archived