Out of action for a while

tony

It's been two weeks since my (Right arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression and rotator cuff repair + ACJ,) operation to my right shoulder! Unable to drive for at least 6 weeks and strictly no shooting. I am due to see the surgeon on 10 July, then I hope to start driving again but very concerned that I my not be able to shoot for quite some time, I am sure that you guys know as fellow shooters how I am feeling about that, am having withdrawal symptoms already!!!

Broke my right hand badly a lot of years ago Tony and was out of action for a lot longer than 6 weeks, Commiserations!!

(taught myself to flyfish left handed at the time though :) )

Mike

I do know how you feel: three sub-acromial decompressions, two easements and another operation to get the metal out of my shoulder to retrieve 'bits' of metal which was left following my last operation: turned out to be part of the surgical tool blade from the last of the sub-acromial decompression operations.

I even have the pictures of inside my shoulder (photocopies) which clearly shows the 1mm bits of metal in there: they found about six metal fragments in total (they THINK that they got them all!!!). This was the most painful operation since it was about 8 or 9 months between the sub-acromial decompression and digging the bits out, therefore the tissue had started to heal so they had to DIG inside my shoulder, this was despite complaining about the ongoing pain following the operation!!

Hope you feel better soon, sub-acromial decompressions can heal in a couple of weeks. What you MUST do is the exercises set by the physio, this will help a great deal and the more exercise you do the more movement you should get back.

Had both shoulders done plus a SLAP repair on the right (nasty opp ) I had my left elbow done and will be getting my right elbow done 23 of next month. I can't tell you I'm compleatly pain free but it is OK I shot 100 clays last week & had my 308 at Catterick on Sunday my outlook is I'm getting older 51 and you have to accept some aches & pains so I just get on with it... Hope all goes well for you.

I do know how you feel: three sub-acromial decompressions, two easements and another operation to get the metal out of my shoulder to retrieve 'bits' of metal which was left following my last operation: turned out to be part of the surgical tool blade from the last of the sub-acromial decompression operations.

I even have the pictures of inside my shoulder (photocopies) which clearly shows the 1mm bits of metal in there: they found about six metal fragments in total (they THINK that they got them all!!!). This was the most painful operation since it was about 8 or 9 months between the sub-acromial decompression and digging the bits out, therefore the tissue had started to heal so they had to DIG inside my shoulder, this was despite complaining about the ongoing pain following the operation!!

Bloody hell Geek, you've been through it, why oh why don't these people listen to the patient when they tell them it's not feeling right. Sincerely hope you are ok now?

Atb Tony.

Hope you feel better soon, sub-acromial decompressions can heal in a couple of weeks. What you MUST do is the exercises set by the physio, this will help a great deal and the more exercise you do the more movement you should get back.

Had both shoulders done plus a SLAP repair on the right (nasty opp ) I had my left elbow done and will be getting my right elbow done 23 of next month. I can't tell you I'm compleatly pain free but it is OK I shot 100 clays last week & had my 308 at Catterick on Sunday my outlook is I'm getting older 51 and you have to accept some aches & pains so I just get on with it... Hope all goes well for you.

I am also not getting any younger 63 now so not expecting full pain relief, as long as I can get some relief and then get on with it I will contented.

Atb Tony

Too much information Geek!

Have you shot the AI yet? McQueen this Sunday..........

AI has been zeroed (but need a better rear bag), in fact enjoyed it so much ended up shooting 70 rounds! was all set for the McQueens this week (in fact looking forward to it): unfortunately my friend has purchased car show tickets for the Cholmondeley pageant of power (seeing if I can change them to Saturday).

Archived