buying from southern ireland

nearly there

RFD to RFD should not be a huge problem if one has the transport sorted. Export license and removal order must be organised in Ireland and I presume import license in the UK.

One problem though, many (custom) rifles are not proofed in Ireland as there is no proofing agency.

edi

As far as I understand you cannot sell a rifle in the UK that hasn't been proofed.

That means if you wanted to sell it on, you'd have to get it proofed.

I'm not sure if it means that the UK based RFD it was transferred to would be unable to release it to you without proofing. I'm sure an RFD on here will clear that up.

Hi would it not be up to the person we fitted the barrel to sort it out if there was a problem . Edi as you have built a lot of stocks for some of the rifle builders in Ireland you should have a good idea of what happens

You can get on a boat and fetch it legally, buying it directly from the vendor. He needs an export license, and you need an import license.You will be liable for import duty and VAT.

If its shipped to an RFD here, it is illegal for him to give it to you, unproved.

Whilst we are on the subject of the republic of Ireland, can someone who lives there please give the legal situation on reloading there please. I was always under the impression that in all but certain cases, it is illegal ?

it sems to be illegal to reload there Dave unless you are "registered"

Baldie in what century are you living? Import Duty ? You will pay your product in Ireland including Irish VAT and that is it. Unless you take it outside of Europe. ....or has the UK left Europe already? You might also be able to buy without VAT and pay VAT at your end which would be a few percent better.

Some custom rifles are sent to the UK for proofing but it is of course a cost factor and very awkward. Some are just used as is.

What I find funny is that one has to certify that a rifle is proofed after Euro reg when exporting to another country...meaning one has to cheat to actually get a rifle to the proofing agency if built in Ireland. No egg no chicken... no chicken no egg....

Reloading is allowed at the Midlands range for some. There are a few others that also have permission I am pretty sure of. The reloading issue is on the agenda since many years but no politician has any interest in resolving it.

edi

Whilst we are on the subject of the republic of Ireland, can someone who lives there please give the legal situation on reloading there please. I was always under the impression that in all but certain cases, it is illegal ?

it is illegal unless your in a certan long range target club which is running a pilot scheeme , it is however under review and i belive we will be getting it very soon for all fac holders

it is illegal unless your in a certan long range target club which is running a pilot scheeme , it is however under review and i belive we will be getting it very soon for all fac holders

This is correct. You have to be in the midlands club to reload under their scheme. We don't know how lucky we are to be able to reload. But they are allowed semi auto centre fires.

Thats very interesting regarding reloading. Not for the first time have I seen reloading components offered for sale by southern irish members.

Pretty sure V-mav bullets are not used for F class.

Archived