On that note have you updated the 4500's firmware to the latest release?

No I haven't mate as I dont have a Bluetooth computer...well I don't have a computer at all.

In saying that the chaps in the states have not mentioned that.

What does your device run on?

Cheers

Danny.

Heya Danny,

Can't remember off the top of my head as I dont have it in hand. I do recall that using the NK bootloader thing it did need to update and by a good few versions. Will report more when I get back :)

Heya Danny,

Can't remember off the top of my head as I dont have it in hand. I do recall that using the NK bootloader thing it did need to update and by a good few versions. Will report more when I get back :)

Please do :-)

What's saying error to connect, your Phone or Kestrel......have you tried another devise?

It pairs Steve.

I've tried it on two android phones now but both phones firmware is over 5,which could be the problem.

I tried it on Strelok and kestrel companion. Strelok says can not conect.

Going to try and get a older tablet this week to see if it works on that.

Cheers

Danny.

What's saying error to connect, your Phone or Kestrel......have you tried another devise?

Steve any chance you can tell me what firmware your running on your phone please mate?

Cheers

Danny

Hi Mark,

TMOA is true moa And SMOA is shooters moa. The difference is TMOA is 1.046 at 100 yrds and SMOA is 1.000" at 100 yrds It all comes down to what your scope adjustment is not how far your shooting. Find out what your scope is and go with that.

Hope this helps you out mate?

Steve

Danny,

had a play last night. I will do a step by step of how I got it talking.

1. First I deleted the 4500 from my phones bluetooth list

2. turn phone BT on and turn 4500 BT on, had the range set to "lo" and then go to the info screen to find the pin

3. Phone (s5 galaxy in my case) had found the 4500 without me doing anything, click on "k4500-718xxx" the last numbers there are the s/n of your kestrel and connect, enter the pin that is displayed on the info screen of the kestrel. The BT screen on your kestrel should change from "ready" to connected

4. go to the AB screen on your kestrel and make sure you have a gun turned "on" or selected

5. Open the AB app or Kestrel Companion.

6. (i will use kestrel companion for the example as there are far fewer buttons.) Click connect at the bottom next to the little red kestrel symbol

7. A list will appear of all previously paired BT devices with your phone, in there should be "K4500-718xxx" and underneath it it should say "uncategorized device", click that one.

8. Enter a range and the app will update with the correct information and corrections.

N.B. This only works when the kestrel is on the AB screen.

Let me know if that works.

Danny,

had a play last night. I will do a step by step of how I got it talking.

1. First I deleted the 4500 from my phones bluetooth list

2. turn phone BT on and turn 4500 BT on, had the range set to "lo" and then go to the info screen to find the pin

3. Phone (s5 galaxy in my case) had found the 4500 without me doing anything, click on "k4500-718xxx" the last numbers there are the s/n of your kestrel and connect, enter the pin that is displayed on the info screen of the kestrel. The BT screen on your kestrel should change from "ready" to connected

4. go to the AB screen on your kestrel and make sure you have a gun turned "on" or selected

5. Open the AB app or Kestrel Companion.

6. (i will use kestrel companion for the example as there are far fewer buttons.) Click connect at the bottom next to the little red kestrel symbol

7. A list will appear of all previously paired BT devices with your phone, in there should be "K4500-718xxx" and underneath it it should say "uncategorized device", click that one.

8. Enter a range and the app will update with the correct information and corrections.

N.B. This only works when the kestrel is on the AB screen.

Let me know if that works.

Ok I've tried that and it won't even pair now..

It seems the kestrel is on 4.87 and my phone is on 5.0.1 so it looks likely that it needs an update.

What a complete pain in the a##e that is.

Thanks for you help and time chaps.

Cheers

Danny.

Hi all

Thought I'd update you lot on my kestrel dilemma.

Tried to update it after buying a Bluetooth dongle for a laptop, managed to do something with my limited computer skills.

Anyway the unit had a melt down and wouldn't even turn on.

So I phoned RPR and sent it back. I was right all along the unit was faulty, what a complete waste of my time!

RPR sent me a brand new one back which I've just tested and works immediately with kestrel companion not so well with strelok though, but I supose you can't have it all.

RPR's customer service was fantastic and I highly recommend them.

Thanks again for the help chaps.

Cheers

Danny.

Archived