Hi all

Looking to upgrade my kestral 3500.

Was thinking of getting the 4500 applied ballistics version but seems you have to download data from there website. This would be a pain in the a##e for me. Is this correct?

My other option would be to get a Bluetooth model and sync it with my applied ballistics app on my phone.

Does anyone use this method?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Danny.

Hi all

Looking to upgrade my kestral 3500.

Was thinking of getting the 4500 applied ballistics version but seems you have to download data from there website. This would be a pain in the a##e for me. Is this correct?

My other option would be to get a Bluetooth model and sync it with my applied ballistics app on my phone.

Does anyone use this method?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Danny.

Hiya Danny,

Yes mate I do, I have the 4500 with Applied Ballistics and BlueTooth, here is a video I made using it.

https://youtu.be/8IgO8zsd6U8

Any questions just ask fella,

Steve

Hiya Danny,

Yes mate I do, I have the 4500 with Applied Ballistics and BlueTooth, here is a video I made using it.

https://youtu.be/8IgO8zsd6U8

Any questions just ask fella,

Steve

Brilliant, the video explained loads Steve:)

Do think I would need to buy the 4500 as I've already got applied ballistics on my phone?

Is there a lesser model that's does everything but without the applied ballistics?

Cheers

Danny.

Brilliant, the video explained loads Steve:)

Do think I would need to buy the 4500 as I've already got applied ballistics on my phone?

Is there a lesser model that's does everything but without the applied ballistics?

Cheers

Danny.

Yes there is Danny, you can get just the 4500 model if you wish Without AB.

Steve

Just been looking, not much difference in price.

Do you have to buy the PC interface Steve?

Danny.

No matey, if your computer has Bluetooth then you don't need the interface. The conection for the laptop is only for occasional updates should you wish to do them But you can do that via Bluetooth if you get the BT option and have it on your computer.

Ah this may be a problem for me,I'm not computer literate at all.

I take it that I'll need a computer to use this device then Steve?

Danny.

Ah this may be a problem for me,I'm not computer literate at all.

I take it that I'll need a computer to use this device then Steve?

Danny.

No mate you don't. you do for updates on software from time to time but for using the device you don't need to use a computer.

Buy the unit, put the batteries in it and off you go, go use it and have fun ;-)

Nice one Steve, thanks for the help mate really appreciated it.

Cheers

Danny.

No probs fella, give me a shout if you have any question buddy and il be glad to help. ;)

The only thing is I dont think you can load custom drag curves onto the device without using a computer. If you just use G1 or G7 that wont be an issue. Mine isn't currently to hand but I will check for you when I get home.

The only thing is I dont think you can load custom drag curves onto the device without using a computer. If you just use G1 or G7 that wont be an issue. Mine isn't currently to hand but I will check for you when I get home.

Thanks mate

G1 and G7 will be fine for me:)

Danny.

Got one from RPR.

Quite easy to set up but can't get it paired with my samsung note 4! Bit disappointing really.

Cheers

Danny.

Got one from RPR.

Quite easy to set up but can't get it paired with my samsung note 4! Bit disappointing really.

Cheers

Danny.

Great stuff matey..... what's the problem with the Bluetooth conection....its not the common 1234 or 0000 pass codes. Each unit had their own unique bluetooth code

Steve

Got one from RPR.

Cheers

Danny.

Just managed to pair them but nothing happening.

I've turned I on in the AB app but doesn't seem to be doing anything!

Any thoughts Steve?

Danny.

Just managed to pair them but nothing happening.

I've turned I on in the AB app but doesn't seem to be doing anything!

Any thoughts Steve?

Danny.

Yes mate I know whats wrong. When connected via bluetooth, on your kestrel go onto the Applied Ballistics function and it will work on your phone then. It won't work unless you have selected AB on your kestrel.

Any probs give us a shout

Steve

Ok so I've tried it with the AB app on my phone....nothing.

Got the Strelokpro app this morning, says "can not connect" on the top of the phone screen!

Anything else I can try Steve?

Danny.

Ok so I've tried it with the AB app on my phone....nothing.

Got the Strelokpro app this morning, says "can not connect" on the top of the phone screen!

Anything else I can try Steve?

Danny.

Try using somone elses phone to see if it's tour phone that's the problem

Tried a ipad and iPhone....nothing.

It's paired with my samsung, I put the kestrel on AB mode....nothing, just says can not connect.

Danny.

Does it connect with Kestrel Companion?

Didn't know about kestrel companion mate,but I've just added it on my phone and tried it.

It picks up the device but says " uncategorised device " ......nothing happening.

Cheers

Danny.

Dac I will have a play when I get home, mine said unknown device but I managed to sort it, cant remember how without the bugger in my hand though! Won't be home until at least friday unfortunately, so hope you can wait.

Dac I will have a play when I get home, mine said unknown device but I managed to sort it, cant remember how without the bugger in my hand though! Won't be home until at least friday unfortunately, so hope you can wait.

Thanks mate.

I have been in touch with rpr and they've put me in touch with the chaps in the states,who so far have been quite helpful.

Could be something to do with the firmware on the phone being to high. Mine is 5.0.1.

Cheers

Danny.

Archived