Buckmark pistol scope, red dot etc

6.5shooter

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with putting a scope or red dot on a pistol.

I have a 22 browning buckmark that I want to put a better aiming device ontop which is capable helping me to make more accurate hits.

I dont know much about red dot sights or even pistol scopes so has anyone used any that could give me advice on which to go for?

Thanks

The red dot type system has gotten fairly sophisticated,and makes improved aiming much easier on a pistol-no lining up front/rear sights. Improves accuracy.

But not as much as a good long eye relief scope can do,if the rig is rested-Burris did/do quite good options,including a variable-3-9 as I recall. This made a 7BR LR pistol as capable as a sporting rifle at least to 400y off a good rest.

For 22rf,a modest 2x scope allowed a Hammerli Olympic to deliver 1/2 inch 25 y groups-this with 22 rapid fire short ammo.

I doubt the Buckmark is intrinsically more precise-you could check the carbine version- but such a scope should show it's capabilities better than open sights.

I suspect most will find the 'red dot' the more fun to shoot,though.The scope does make the difficulty of holding a pistol really steady even more apparent-it does not make, it less steady,it increases the subjective experience of the unsteadiness,and magnification well....magnifies!

The red dot on the Hammerli was covering an area that was larger than the pistols precision,so wasn't an ultimate precision test. The scope was- the only issue is getting even close without the scope/rest!

I suppose a laser would be an alternative now...though tend to be low visibility....outside Hollywood....they do work on very short range CO2 pistols in suitable conditions,including shade.

Enjoy!

gbal

Get yourself an Aimpoint micro .

They are the only red dot that is parallax free and work perfectly on a buckmark pistol.

I believe I still hold the British record for advancing man at Bisley with a buckmark/aimpoint combo. The FOV is just big enough for you not to go unsighted under recoil on a double tap.

I had the one with the smallest Dot [2 moa ] I think Garry.

Never seen a picatinny for a buckie though. I have no doubt there will be one stateside as the pistol is popular there.

Anyone know of anywhere in the uk that sells picatinny rails for the buckmark?

You could try contacting Alan Westlake. As he makes and sells Buckmark pistols and has a very good target rail for his pistols.

Hope this might help.

Cheers. Paul

Archived