Ran out of adjustment on scope

Flash

Basically I am helping a friend with sorting out his rifle. It is zeroed in at 100 yards and is shooting roughly .5 on a good day. Rifle is a cz550 .308 and scope is a Nikon monarch 6-24x50

The intent is to stretch the legs out to roughly 500. Worked out the bullet drop and moa for adjusting on the scope but the most we can adjust is 2 moa.

It was difficult enough to get scope mounts in the first place but the current ones are QD warne mounts.

What are his options for getting more adjustment?

Cheers

Flash

There is 30 MOA of adjustment on that scope, so something is seriously wrong with the alignment. If I was you I would get a Picatinny rail - Recknagel do one for the CZ. For a 0 MOA rail, you will need rings with at least 15 MOA to maximise your adjustment. If you don't fancy a one piece mount, you can get Burris Signature rings with changeable offset inserts.

Basically I am helping a friend with sorting out his rifle. It is zeroed in at 100 yards and is shooting roughly .5 on a good day. Rifle is a cz550 .308 and scope is a Nikon monarch 6-24x50

The intent is to stretch the legs out to roughly 500. Worked out the bullet drop and moa for adjusting on the scope but the most we can adjust is 2 moa.

It was difficult enough to get scope mounts in the first place but the current ones are QD warne mounts.

What are his options for getting more adjustment?

Cheers

Flash

At a basic level one thing can be tried. Swap the mounts from front to rear. Failing that, Shuggy's comments above are spot on. Regards JCS

Archived