New Scope purchase dilemma!

Triumph045

Looking seriously at buying a new scope. I had set my sights on an S&B pm2 5x25-56 moa-moa FFP. (No pun intended) Then saw the S&B pm2, 3x27-56 high power, and really liked the sound of it. Contacted all of the usual UK dealers and they all said the same thing ''not available in this country'' So I contacted S&B direct, they say it is available here!!!!!!!

Can anyone help? Has anyone seen one of the 3x27's, or can you advise where I could see one? Anyone know about any UK dealers who have one? what is the lead time ? and how much £?

Many thanks

Triumph045.

It's worth reading the tests on Precision Rifle Blog first. He found that the 3-27 had some problems with tracking and had a narrow field of view. Can't beat the old 5-25 IMHO - and in his!

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/09/19/tactical-scopes-field-test-results-summary/

That link shows some very interesting results , it also shows that you don't always get what you pay for ! ;)

Fair comment SW Shooter. I'd like to think that the guy tested a rouge 3-27, and that his findings are a one off and not a fair reflection of the model. Even if this model of PM2 (3-27) generally has the issues noted in the test, I can't believe that S&B wouldn't address them as a matter of urgency, after all it's billed as one of their premium scopes.

Notwithstanding the above however, I may well decide to play safe and stick with a 5-25.

Archived