a little off topic but what trucks do you all drive?????

craigyboy

Terranos were not generally that popular, the Ford version was more popular probably because of the name. Petrol engines were only fitted 1993-1999, two types 114hp and 122hp. Engine spares may be a bit iffy availabilty/cost wise and probably wants checking.

A

thanks geoff, been doing abit of research and it seems parts are resonable to get, I say resonable not really easy but ok, should be ok anyhow, as far as I can make out the terrano and the ford maverick are one and the same, I have a little experience with the maverick and they were ok as far as I can remember not the best off road but ok.

We had the terrano 2.7 td when I worked in Buxton. The abuse we gave it was amazing and it stood up to it. We used to go green laning on nights when bored and see if we could get it stuck. I had the turbo fail on me once which wasn't a fun, but I would have one for the right price. Hope it serves you well.

• 4 years later...

Thought I'd update this topic.

While not intended for foxing - i have no doubt it would do the job.

This is an RWMIK - (Remote Weapon Mounted Installation Kit) - You could have one !!!

photo-1-2.jpg

Based on a long wheelbase Land Rover 2.5 Lt turbocharged engine, full role cage, run flat tyres, v shaped armour plated belly.

It comes with the following:-

3 x Highly trained and dedicated soldiers.

Weapons:-

1 x HMG .50 (1000 rds in 10 boxes - combination of AP/Tracer/Ball, Day & Night Sight - which should be enough for all those Varminting needs occasions with range upto 2000m)

1 x GPMP 7.62 (1600 rds 8 boxes - combination of Ball/Tracer, Day and Night sights - should you feel the need for anything close in out to 1800m)

3 x SA80 A2's (840 rds carried in combination of P-Mags and Bandoliers - fitted with ELCAN SpecterOS 4x optical sights) - suitted to small deer, fox and rabbit.

1 x Benelli combat shotgun - combination of slug or 00 Buck - should you be faced with something of the winged variety.

3 x Sig 226's (300 rds - combination of mags & boxed ammo - Ideal for humane dispatch and close in runners.

1 x Javalin missile system - for those fast moving hard to track creatures.

6 x miniflares

3 x 1000m illum

3 x 500m Smoke

4 x Claymore - for those naughty intruders

Comms:-

1 x Bowman radio

1 x mob phone

1x TAC Sat

3 x PRR

Sundries:-

3 x chairs

10 days food and water

Porta-Jons

3 x beds

1x tent

Consumables

Spare personel kit

Barbed wire and Razor wire

Full Combat medic - first aid kit.

Oh and its all free

For anyone wanting to have be able to get paid to drive/gun/command this and play with plenty more drop me a line.

(if your aged between 18 - 40 physically fit and can commit to 27 days per year)

This is an RWMIK - (Remote Weapon Mounted Installation Kit) - You could have one !!!

photo-1-2.jpg

Based on a long wheelbase Land Rover 2.5 Lt turbocharged engine, full role cage, run flat tyres, v shaped armour plated belly.

1 x HMG .50 (1000 rds in 10 boxes - combination of AP/Tracer/Ball, Day & Night Sight - which should be enough for all those Varminting needs occasions with range upto 2000m)

1 x GPMP 7.62 (1600 rds 8 boxes - combination of Ball/Tracer, Day and Night sights - should you feel the need for anything close in out to 1800m)

3 x SA80 A2's (840 rds carried in combination of P-Mags and Bandoliers - fitted with ELCAN SpecterOS 4x optical sights) - suitted to small deer, fox and rabbit.

1 x Benelli combat shotgun - combination of slug or 00 Buck - should you be faced with something of the winged variety.

3 x Sig 226's (300 rds - combination of mags & boxed ammo - Ideal for humane dispatch and close in runners.

6 x miniflares

3 x 1000m illum

3 x 500m Smoke

1 x Bowman radio

1 x mob phone

1x TAC Sat

3 x PRR

3 x chairs

10 days food and water

Porta-Jons

3 x beds

1x tent

Consumables

Spare personel kit

Oh and its all free

For anyone wanting to have be able to get paid to drive/gun/command this and play with plenty more drop me a line.

(if your aged between 18 - 40 physically fit and can commit to 27 days per year)

Oh crap , I'm 41 !

ihad a ford ranger for 7 year and only failed mot once with a snaped leaf spring great truck never let me down and it had a beating every day with farm work and logs never got stuck but thats down to tyres the only thing that let it down was how much fuel it drank about 22 mile to the galon now got a 06 warrior better on fuel 35 mile to the galon need better tyres before i go too far off road

Oh crap , I'm 41 !

Your just in luck it can be 43 as an upper age limit - with occasional exceptions above that dependent on previous experience.

Great , I assume you promise I won't get shot at or blown up?

photo-1-2.jpg

6 x miniflares

3 x 1000m illum

3 x 500m Smoke

1 x Bowman radio

1 x mob phone

1x TAC Sat

3 x PRR

3 x chairs

10 days food and water

Porta-Jons

3 x beds

1x tent

Consumables

Spare personel kit

Oh and its all free

I like the ideas that does away with the Land Rover traits such as leaking windows and draughty doors.Now you've just got to put up with no legroom and constant head under the bonnet moments trying to fix it that Land Rover describe as "characteristics" :lol: :lol:

Aren't the LR's being phased out for similar things to Foxhound :unsure:

SNN1733A---532_1529976a.jpg

post-11167-0-27720000-1354111368_thumb.jpg

Just like any other good off roader but faster

monumentally fast ! i run a 911 c2s as a second car and these are nearly as fast in a drag race! twisty bits confuse them a bit though!!

Archived