I put up a new high seat and this is it.. :D

Photo002.jpg

This is the view from left to right, note that the woodland on the right is a big L shape and the high seat is now part of it. The woodland on the left is Dalby Forest. :lol:

Photo004.jpg

Photo003.jpg

We need to trim a few branches but it is realy nice just sat there in comfort, just looking forward to using it now. Need to dress it up a bit too.

Does anyone know about bullet trajectory from 12 foot higher than normal? :wacko:

Looking at the picture at the bottom of the post, it seems that tha browse line is lower than the level of the high seat by some margin?

I would second Kips suggestion of a few test shots to see where you POI is in relation to POA.

Easy to predict with a ballistic programme, but they dont replace real world testing ;)

looks good, I just finished a seat last week. I am going to make another couple to the same plan

022.jpg

To be honest I dont think it will be to productive on the bucks but it should be good on the does.

I took this fellow from within 100m of it last month.

Roe011.jpg

The one on the left

002.jpg

Dave

Looking at the picture at the bottom of the post, it seems that tha browse line is lower than the level of the high seat by some margin?

I would second Kips suggestion of a few test shots to see where you POI is in relation to POA.

Easy to predict with a ballistic programme, but they dont replace real world testing :blink:

Your right mate it is, I put some targets up as suggested and it was quite strange, the 95grn were about 2.5 inches high where as the 55 grn ones were one inch higher than normal. I can only put this down to weight or speed. The 55 grn were .243 Winchester Silver tips for Foxing, the 95ers were Accutips. It will be interesting to see what happens with the .308.

By the way Ronin, your quite right, the seat is mounted on a rise. :lol: 10 out of 10 for observation mate! ;)

Archived