fully supressed

There is a very experienced site member that doesn't post quite so often in recent times.

He had a beautifully intergrated mod on a .20 PPC built by one of the top uk builders. However it was not as quiet at as an MAE extreme muzzle mounted moderator I now own. The only reason I own that moderator is because he now owns a rather fancy .50 cal titanium sized moderator work .20 internal dimensions.

I am not privi to the suppression of the .50 cal mod however my 90 year old gran did not hear me shoot basil with the MAE when standing next to me and she tells me to trump quietly!

I have to question how was the MAE too lound for the original owner?

Intergrated look sleek but you need volume or muzzle forward suppression.

We have a few suppressed rifles:

CZ in .22 LR - totally silent bar the sound of the firing pin striking the cartridge

.45 APC de Lisle copy - just a mere hiss when the bullet leaves the barrel followed a second or so later by a hefty "THOK" as the round strikes

7.62x51 NATO - again, just a hiss at the barrel followed by a thump when the round strikes

All with subsonic ammo of course

Any of the quality sound mods will do the job. The big difference is you have to use subsonic ammunition. I have a .300 whisper which has a northstar on the end. Not the worlds quietest mod, but it sounds like a mouse fart with subsonic loads.

Rearward facing empty chambers in a moderator [behind the thread ] do very little in terms of sound suppression. Baffles in front of the muzzle are what do the real work.

Any of the quality sound mods will do the job. The big difference is you have to use subsonic ammunition. I have a .300 whisper which has a northstar on the end. Not the worlds quietest mod, but it sounds like a mouse fart with subsonic loads.

Rearward facing empty chambers in a moderator [behind the thread ] do very little in terms of sound suppression. Baffles in front of the muzzle are what do the real work.

Thanks for that baldie everyone saying that

Archived