montana extreme bore solvent

dave thorniley

Dave,

If you want a similar "rocket fuel" cleaner, then the best is Sweets 7.62

There is no other copper remover as good....its proper horrible. If you want any, I have it in stock.

Hi.

Midway UK imported it up until they ceased operations in uk. Montana Extreme replaced the original glass containers to metal ones that I presume allowed them to be imported. Maybe Brownells will eventually offer it. I use their bore solvent and I have found non better. Stinks to high heaven. :D

The Red and sticky copper remover is in my limited experience stronger than sweets but I take on board baldie's comments about sweets as he will have cleaned more barrels than me.

Which one are you looking for?

Nick.

The real reason its not imported is not about regulations....its about hazmat shipping costs.

You can ship anything in, hazmat, if you are willing to pay for it. I get Cerakote in direct from the states inside 3 days. It comes on the UPS plane, and the shipping is usually around 500 dollars....far more than the paint.

hi nick as dave says sweets is a fantastic bore cleaner BUT it stinks to high heaven ive got 2 lots sitting on my shelf I might use it for the drains I just cant stand the smell of it so I changed to Montana etreme bore solvent years ago and its done the job well I spoke to rob behr of Montana products and hes chomping at the bit to find some one in the uk to do his products but why if gun shops in the uk can get the likes of butches bore shine they cant get Montana I assume both need hazmat licence? dave.

Hi Dave.

I got my Montana X-treme from Midway UK. They have now stopped trading in UK so we are stuffed. I have asked a mate if he has a spare bottle he can let you have. He is an RFD that had a bit in stock so was going to check.

Customer service at Montana X-treme are excellent. It was a guy called Doug that pushed Midway to bring it to UK.

I have no idea about Hazmat to be honest but it seems that a Payment of $500 somehow turns a Hazardous Material into one that can now be Shipped.

Nick.

Hi Dave.

I got my Montana X-treme from Midway UK. They have now stopped trading in UK so we are stuffed. I have asked a mate if he has a spare bottle he can let you have. He is an RFD that had a bit in stock so was going to check.

Customer service at Montana X-treme are excellent. It was a guy called Doug that pushed Midway to bring it to UK.

I have no idea about Hazmat to be honest but it seems that a Payment of $500 somehow turns a Hazardous Material into one that can now be Shipped.

Nick.

I think Midway UK are now Brownells UK so you should still be able to get the same stuff.

Brownells UK are only listing sweets, KG1 and otis copper remover.

There is no hazmat license, its just that if its deemed hazmat in the states, thats the way it has to travel. I didn't know until I asked the UPS man that delivers my paint, that UPS is the third largest airline in the world, and all they carry is cargo.

hey nick I think you right about the $500 anything to soak you for the green dollar that's life I could go and try a method someone told me umpteen years ago he said he cleans his barrel with a piece of brillo pad wrapped around a parker hale jag while soaking his barrel in WD 40 jeez lol dave.

Archived