Is anyone going to IWA in March?

Foxshooter

I have been offered a ticket to the IWA show in Nuremberg and quite fancy attending.

My mate is driving and there is no room in his motor so was wondering if anyone else was going and fancied a travelling companion, or a room mate to share the costs of the hotel.

I don't know if there is a sensible direct flight from one of the London airports or to go via Schipol from Norwich

Mark

I'm going but I'm flying. You can fly from Stanstead still - I think - direct to Nuremberg with Air Berlin.

The Ubahn (underground) is excellent and from the airport to the Messe (exhibition centre) it's a half hour ride.

You'll find reasonable accommodation difficult to find - the Germans shamelessly double prices for IWA. But, well worth the effort. The Shot Show is limited to 1600 exhibitors - IWA will have 1300+ this year in a far better venue.

We'll fly into Frankfurt Hahn which is about 4hrs away from Nurnberg, save the money with cheaper flights and rather get a rental which also makes it easier to take a cheaper hotel a few miles away from the show. We mostly share car rental costs & fuel between three or four.

Used this hotel a few times http://www.kapellenhof.com/ was fairly reasonable.

edi

I'm going, travel does seem to book to up quickly, i wanted to go a day earlier for a factory visit but couldnt rearrange. Regular attendees seem to book EARLY to make sure.

As for tickets, I get press acreditation but otherwise its a trade show and i think if you are happy to pay and gave some connection you can get tickets but i have no idea of price. There is a good website if you just google IWA Nuremberg

Archived