S&B pricing themselves out?

Browsing through the Gun mart today and I see the S&B PM II 5-25x56 is now being priced by the two main dealers at £1893 and £1747 respectively. I know some private sellers have been selling them at £1800 but I thought they were just being opportunist, looks like they were in the know or just smart.

I was very keen on the 4-16x42 PM II, this is now listed at the old price of it's bigger brother of £1561. I'm now sorely tempted to look else were, as much as I think they are a brilliant scope I will have to look for a compromise between quality and price, the Khales 4.5-18x50 and the S&B 4-16x56 precision Hunter spring to mind.

Browsing through the Gun mart today and I see the S&B PM II 5-25x56 is now being priced by the two main dealers at £1893 and £1747 respectively. I know some private sellers have been selling them at £1800 but I thought they were just being opportunist, looks like they were in the know or just smart.

I was very keen on the 4-16x42 PM II, this is now listed at the old price of it's bigger brother of £1561. I'm now sorely tempted to look else were, as much as I think they are a brilliant scope I will have to look for a compromise between quality and price, the Khales 4.5-18x50 and the S&B 4-16x56 precision Hunter spring to mind.

I agree with you Ian, I think your spot on about this, I was thinking the same thing a week ago when looking at scopes.

May be wrong here Ian, but I think Midway US wont sell to UK customers unless they have changed policy.

May be wrong here Ian, but I think Midway US wont sell to UK customers unless they have changed policy.

Hi Andy, I think you're right. I doubt I would go that route due to any problems occouring after the sale, this is copied from MidwayUK This is a Special Order Product. Once ordered, this item cannot be cancelled and MidwayUSA will not accept returns for any reason. If the item is defective, it must be returned to the manufacturer

MidwayUK can be competative on some items, glass isn't one of them, but then again even the US pays top money for European glass.

It will be interesting to see what it sells for here with the usual dealers.

I'm also thinking that the Ziess 6-24x56 is looking good value for money at the moment, or for that matter the Lightstream 6-20x50 for £500, I looked through one of these last winter and it beat the hell out of my Nightforce for clarity.

Archived