DTA Owners

dannywayoflife

Guys I recently had one of my dta mags altered to allow my Uber long 208 Amax 308 loads to be near the lands and still mag feed. The beauty of the conversion is it now opens up options never before available in the dta system like 3006, 284, 6.5x55 etc. The conversion was brilliantly performed by Davy at the shooting shed. I am going to send my other 2 mags for him to convert as well. Is there anyone else interested in having some mags done at the same time as if we get a bunch done at the same time then it will allow davy to set up tooling etc for them and he'll be able to mod them faster and hence the cost will come down. If anyone is interested please Pm me and we can sort it out :)

Interested but you may need to clear your inbox, as at present you cannot receive any more messages.

Thanks - I know it's been much discussed, but I just don't understand why DTA don't make better magazines for such a well-made rifle.

Davy looks to have done a fine job as always.

Davy says from an engineering point the mags are lovely very well made but from a use point they are horrible! The one I've had done loads far smoother than my other 2.

hi there,will this conversion make 6.5x 47 123g scenars laod smoother thanks danny.only had a few rounds down range with 308 mag

rifle. thanks lee

Davy says from an engineering point the mags are lovely very well made

:wacko: Really?! :wacko: They're a pig's ear. Equivalent in engineering 'elegance' to a chauchat magazine. The lip design is literally, errrr, 'unique'.

Not really clear what modification's been done - a smaller rear spacer?

hi there,will this conversion make 6.5x 47 123g scenars laod smoother thanks danny.only had a few rounds down range with 308 mag

rifle. thanks lee

6.45x47 should feed fine 'as is' - used to feed fine for me at least

Archived