proud father

baldie

I,ve just got in from a very pleasant morning at one of the ranges, i,m a member of.

Its a .22 rimfire only club, and they,ve had a club shoot this morning. I took my little lad along for the first time today [he is eight] and he,s shot a bolt action, and a semi auto rimfire at 50 yards under tutelage from Dad. The little fella has shot extrememly well considering all he,s had up to now was a ratcatcher airgun. He,s hooked, and its now a good excuse for another cabinet :lol: NSRA rules state, any youngster can shoot, providing they are physically capable of holding and firing the weapon safely. South yorks will issue fac,s to youngsters as young as eight, as i had one in the shop yesterday, so i may well set him on his way with one.

A milestone day today...and a lump in my throat seeing my son with a proper rifle for the first time, and quite obviously sharing my love of all things gun. ;)

Hi Baldie

Great moment mate, seeing your little man following in his fathers footsteps ;):lol: I'm well chuffed for you. Mines 6 at the moment, and his "guns" already have to go in the cabinet :blush:

Cheers Steve

Nice one Baldie , this looks like it could get expensive , I stated at a young age ,best thing my dad ever did,

Dont loose your rag when he starts grouping better than you ;)

Nice one pard, are you sure you were standing beside the right child cos' he's alot better looking then you and has more hair :blush::lol: and better legs too ;)

Great feeling mate I remember it when my son took his first shot and we have had some great times out together, enjoy it while it last mate my lad has found a women now and I hardly ever seem him ;) his mind is on another type of shooting :lol:

Good job Baldie, get him started as young as possible and he will make a great shot only problem with that is he may end handing your ass to you when he gets the hang of it ;)

That is nice Baldie, now you got to fit him a rifle.

Biggest problem is that the rifles or shotguns are just

the wrong size for the little ones. My daughter recently wanted

a shot but just couldn't get around my rifle.

My boys share a 12ga baikal with a short stock.

edi

Nice one Baldie you'll remember it for a long time.

ejg your right but my lad who's 10 just puts the rimfire under his armpit, not in his shoulder and he shoots well with it.

One time out we were watching rabbits and after a shot they'd all gone in. Young un who was 8 at the time says '' theres one there''

I said ''where I cant see it"

He says "give me the gun"

pop

next minute rabbit comes rolling down the hill to right in front of us :lol:

Anybody got a cheap bruno stock for sale for cutting up? condition not important.

Guest PeteR
I,ve just got in from a very pleasant morning at one of the ranges, i,m a member of.

Its a .22 rimfire only club, and they,ve had a club shoot this morning. I took my little lad along for the first time today [he is eight] and he,s shot a bolt action, and a semi auto rimfire at 50 yards under tutelage from Dad. The little fella has shot extrememly well considering all he,s had up to now was a ratcatcher airgun. He,s hooked, and its now a good excuse for another cabinet :P NSRA rules state, any youngster can shoot, providing they are physically capable of holding and firing the weapon safely. South yorks will issue fac,s to youngsters as young as eight, as i had one in the shop yesterday, so i may well set him on his way with one.

A milestone day today...and a lump in my throat seeing my son with a proper rifle for the first time, and quite obviously sharing my love of all things gun. :o

Baldie,

... And I am sure you don't need me to tell you to cherish these memories - they are one of the most important parts of your life. Absolutely brilliant and even though mine are well grown up I can clearly remember similar things.

Have a great time with your lad!

Pete

Archived