Thanks Santa

ChrisF

Its my version of a M40A1 , and is intended as a shooter ONLY , its not marked except having " 308 Win Match " on the barrel , which is just the chamber reamer used , thats all .

One thing I could NOT do , was use a 2 piece chopped Win M70 moded trigger guard , just could not bring myself to use that , used a better 1 piece Badger steel trigger guard/floor plate .

Also used a side release bolt catch over the original , I think the later M40s where modded this way anyway .

Scope & mount by USO .

Stock is a normal smooth HTG McMillan , but at the moment it has the wrong recoil pad , need to get the red one .

Threaded for a MAE SS can , barrel contour is a M40 , lenght is M40 at 25 forward of lug , lug is a .250 holland , barrel by Bartlien , 5R , 1-10 twist .

Thanks Guys ,

Merry Xmas & a Happy new year to everyone .

Cheers Chris

P.S. You know I am all ready having a very good Xmas , took it out to do a quick 900 inche (25yd ) 300yd zero today , and LOVING it .

Will probably be too busy with family to shoot on Xmas day , BUT if its fine , I may drag myself away for a quick shoot or on Boxing day , JUST so you know the weather here in NZ is Orsome , ie warm , fine and very sunny , almost Tropical , sorry had too say .

Merry Xmas all. Dunno where in the country you live Chris but today in Hawkes Bay is a virtual clone of this pic I took on Xmas Day three years ago

XmasDay2011_zps885c7e15.jpg

Prezzies about to be attacked..

Have a good one

Thanks Guys ,

The hardest to get bits are the scope and mount , the mount is made to go onto a old clip slotted 40X , the back and front of the mount drop into cuts made into the action .

The M40A1s are I think a little rare outside the USA , I know of 1 in the UK , 1 in France & 1-2 In Aussie , and most are not threaded for a suppressor .

Did not get out Xmas day , but did get out for a couple hours on boxing day , and dropped 2 goats at 178yds , NICE that has as I was walking back to the car , and had virtually given up seeing anything , spotted at 305yds , but closed up a bit , as was shooting the 22 Hornet .

Cheers Chris

Archived