recommendations on cam corder for long range

anyone got any good recommendations of a good quality cam corder for recording target shooting and varminting at long range, what to see impacts and or paper punching at at least 500yards, cheers

Spotting scope with a high speed digital camera fitted on it.

Really worth the hassle, plus because your recording at alot more frames per second you can slow it right down

Tiff asked the same question here a while ago and I know hes got one now so might be worth looking at his thread or PM him

I did indeed and purchased a Panasonic V550 and Cullmann Nanomax 400T tripod. It works well for me out to 2,000+...There are a few videos on my Roundhouse Rifle Challenge/Tamarmarksman YouTube channel:

The main advantage over a spotting scope combination is the compactness and weight saving.

I did indeed and purchased a Panasonic V550 and Cullmann Nanomax 400T tripod. It works well for me out to 2,000+...There are a few videos on my Roundhouse Rifle Challenge/Tamarmarksman YouTube channel:

That's all the damage you could do a watermelon? I think you need a bigger gun... ;)

Or a bigger watermelon

The main advantage over a spotting scope combination is the compactness and weight saving.

Just went out and bought one, it makes a really good spotting scope. Spare batteries are expensive though

I'd be very interested in seeing footage of paper targets at 700+ yards. I was thinking about getting one a couple of months ago but scope fund came first!

Next time I'm out shooting 600 yards + I'll record it for you.

Archived