Scope Elevation Problem

I have a new rifle built on a Stiller Predator Action. I have mounted a Doctor 8x25 x 50 scope in Burris Signature rings on the Picatinny rail supplied by stiller.

I have run out of elevation on the scope. Lucky enough it has allowed me to zero dead on at 100yards but i need more elevation.

I believe i can cure this by using the offset inserts for the rings which come in various sizes. I am not trying to shoot at extreme ranges so how much do i need.

Anybody got some information that would help.

Cheers

Eddie

Guest varmartin

When you say you have run out of elevation adjustment, was that when zeroing the rifle ??

Is the scope parallel to the bore or high at the objective bell ?

You should not have run out of elevation unless there is an installation fault.

Varmartin

yes it was when i was checking the zeroing. I cannot see any installation fault as it is pretty straightforward. Previously i had been using the rifle with out the Mod and had to crank it up a bit after fitting the Acetec. This is when i have run into the problem.

Guest varmartin

I would get the 10 MOA inserts and fit those, then the scope erector tube will be closer to centre.

I cant help but think something else is wrong though .

I will check everything out first and if i can see nothing amiss i will try the 10moa inserts.

I dont know if the fact that the scope operates at 1/8 clicks has any significance? i suppose it will as you will need twice as many as the usual 1/4.!!

Cheers

Eddie

Eddie no offense meant by this but you have the 0 bushings in not the + &- 10 which are also supplied? And was the scope centered? Im no expert mate but after probs which Ive brought on it pays to double check! I would be inclined to take the scope off and start again and count the clicks mate.

+1 Ian - very easily done :lol:

No Gents the rail i have is just the basic flat one (as far as i know) as it was put on by the rifle builder.

It starts to get more complicated the more you look for the cure.

Thanks for any help

When I made the Predator in 6.5x47 , the action came with a trigger, pinned lug and a 20 MOA rail (as standard) may be worth just looking to see if the thick end of the rail is at the rear of the reciever - if it isnt, its the wrong way round.

If its the same thickness right along the whole length then your problems are elswhere!

I seem to have fixed my problem. Changed the front mount inserts to -5 in the bottom and +5 on the top. Hvae got enough elevation adjustment now.

The scope i have is 180 clicks on the elevation end to end and it is 1/8 clicks so there was not a great deal of adjustment comapred to other scopes i use.

However it seems to be ok as i zeroed in yesterday and all seems fine.

Thanks for all advice

Archived