Long Range Air Rifles

I was wondering if anyone shoots air rifles alongside there powder burners. I enjoy shooting both and sometimes an air rifle and when shooting crows, pigeons and squirrels in the trees nothing is better than my custom stock and tuned Theoben Rapid. It's producing approx 55 ft lb's and throwing the 31 grain pellets approx 950fps. It has a 24 inch Walther Lothar barrel and is pellet on pellet at 50 yards. The crows hate me out to 80 yards :-) It's cheap to shoot and great fun.

Does anyone else have a long range air rifle?

post-12769-0-07423700-1418145809_thumb.jpg

My .40ft-lb .22 AirWolf is the go-to toy round our lifestyle block. Its big advantage is that the neighbours are largely unaware I'm using it.

A couple of days ago, a group of five young magpies were mooching round the paddock below the house. Knocked off two in successive shots, both stone dead. Dragged out the Geovids afterwards- the first was 89yds and the second 95yds. You get pretty good at guessing the hold-over on the scope- 100yds is about 2 1/4 dots at 8X

Very nice lads , i must admit to not using my custom pcp for ages , but its there just in case a magpie in the garden . But it looks the dogs in a thumbhole skeleton style stock i made , all in the original hardwood green by hydro graffix :)

• 1 month later...

I used to have an mvt airwolf in .22 very accurate and great for shooting crows in the trees round the famr yard. cheap, quiet, safer, and if the wind is low 100 yard shots were doable where the crows sit out of normal range. shot more crows with that than the 12g and centrefire combined!

Archived