Stock Options & Preferences?

Evening Guys & Gals,

Just thought I'd get a bit of input from anybody shooting with a Tikka T3 action...

I currently have a Remington 700 in an AICS and I love it. But today I've been looking at the T3 Varmint/Super Varmint and wondered what the aftermarket stock choices were and if anybody had any real preference?

Jay

I do like the GRS stock, in particular the GRS Hybrid!

I saw that thread on the MDT LLS... I think I prefer the TAC-21. (Which they do for the T3, but it's also quite pricey!)

When I was looking for a chassis for my T3 I liked the look of the KRG X ray, a basic cheaper/lighter version of the whiskey 3. Haven't seen many reviews etc from the UK but if anyone has one any comments would be great.

Like the look of the new GRS Ali but I bet it's going to be pricey!

Three T3s here:

• .300 WSM Super Varmint in MDT Tac21 Chassis/TET UniMount/Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA scope.
  • .308 Super Varmint in KRG X-Ray chassis/TET UniMount/Swarovski PS-V 6-24x50 P L scope
  • .223 (1:8) T3 Sporter (my son's) Burris mounts/Minox ZA5 4-20x50SF scope

All excellent rifles - no complaints.

I do like the GRS stock, in particular the GRS Hybrid!

I saw that thread on the MDT LLS... I think I prefer the TAC-21. (Which they do for the T3, but it's also quite pricey!)

The Tac21 is superb - expensive here, but try - in Norway, may still be cheaper to import. No longer available direct from MDT where I sourced mine owing to export restrictions and also carriage problems.

When I was looking for a chassis for my T3 I liked the look of the KRG X ray, a basic cheaper/lighter version of the whiskey 3. Haven't seen many reviews etc from the UK but if anyone has one any comments would be great.

Like the look of the new GRS Ali but I bet it's going to be pricey!

As you suspect, the GRS Bolthorn chassis is going to be expesive - £940-ish in Norway so more here, but it looks very good.

Thanks for the comments,

Rob, I did look at the TAC-21 for my Remmy 700... I had some AR bits at one point but I sold them as I thought I'd have no need for them! :-(

JDB, the Bolthorn does look amazing... I'd love to see one in the flesh!

Srvet, is the E-TAC a bit like a Manners/McMillan stock? I like those too... Simple and effective!

If you google AICS for T3's you do get some image results, but I can't find anywhere to buy one!

If you google AICS for T3's you do get some image results, but I can't find anywhere to buy one!

AFAIK AI have dropped their plans for a T3 AICS - the closest is perhaps the one from Germany which never gets delivered.

There are so many good choices now for the T3 - I'm delighted with both of mine, the others I'd consider would by the KRG Whisky 3 or the new GRS Bolthorn, but both are seriously expensive, especially here in the UK.

I was plinking with a new shooter friend Saturday , he had 2 tikka T3s varmint , one 308 & 223 both stainless Leftys ! And both sat in grs , they both were very very nice ! But so was my 500yard gong strike :P

Archived