Remmy ADL

Quick question,

Does the remmy 700 have a bottom floor plate or am i right in saying they load in through the top ???.

If im right can they be converted to have a bottom floor plate and if so how easy is it ?.

Cheers

Ads...

The 700 ADL has what is known as a blind magazine box and has to be charged from the top.

The 700 BDL is also charged from the top but has a hinged floor plate which can be opened to dump the contents quickly.

You can also get a BDL D/Mag which as it says has a detachable magazine.

The ADL can be converted to BDL configuration but the stock will have to be modified and both the ADL and the BDL can be converted to Detach/Mag

There are kits available for both conversions.

Ian.

Perfect Ian,

Thats just what i wanted to here. The rifle im looking at is an ADL. I will be stripping it out its standard stock and dropping it into an after market one so i would add in the hinged floor plate at that time. Was just really buying it for the Action.

Cheers again.

Ads

Perfect Ian,

Thats just what i wanted to here. The rifle im looking at is an ADL. I will be stripping it out its standard stock and dropping it into an after market one so i would add in the hinged floor plate at that time. Was just really buying it for the Action.

Cheers again.

Ads

hi -

as far as i can remember sportsman do a full mag and trigger guard for (don't quote me) £60 they are not bad for the cash, but bearing in mind H & S are about £200 +

IMAGE_034.jpg

IMAGE_033.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

but do bear in mind they also need inletting

IMAGE_019.jpg

IMAGE_021.jpg

just one of many options out there

ATB

Colin :lol:

Looks good Col,who makes the mag/bottom metal??

not sure -

i got it from sportsman for about £60 when you look at badger and H & S and sunny hill they are quite cheap, but they are a bit of a pain to inlet.

ATB

Colin :lol:

I had an ADL, bought an HS precision Stock and inlet it to take the mag conversion. To be honest I was a time served aprentice and I was surprised how much material I had to remove from the Aluminium bedding block to fit the conversion. I was work well worth doing. I used hand tools but perhaps with a dremel it would be a bit quicker. They never had deremels when I did my aprenticeship so I stick with what I know lol. Good luck with the project.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Dave

Cheers Guy's and pic's too :lol:

Iv'e fancied the detach mag for a while. I might give it a try when i get this rifle. I also have the 243 AI in a McMillan stock and fancied fitting the detach mag to it.

Does anyone know how the Ack Imp cycle's out of the detach mag ??. Sometimes it doesnt like to cycle out of the standard BDL.

I have a mate that has just bought 20K worth of laithe and a milling machine etc etc so it might be a project for him. I have a dremmel but ive seen myself get a bit carried away with that :lol:

Cheers again for the info.

Ads..

Hey Adam here is my ADL with an H-S varmint profile so when i rebarrel i can get heavy contour as such. This will be the same stock on your friends VSSF & i am very impressed with it & how light it is & mine just dropped in but know it would do better with a light bed. the floor/plate-trigger gaurd is the hard bit & i got prices from £200 to £57 for same bit.

Picture2565.jpg

The floorplate that col has there is the standard remington detatchable magazine floorplate, which come in a variety of obscure american hunting calibre,s and nothing bloody useful like a 10 shot .308 or .223 size. If you have one of the odd calibres, they are good value for money, but will only fit sporter style stocks, because of the side buttons/feed height.

I have a hs precision on my .308, and they are very good, but the 10 shot mags are completely unobtainable, and have been for 12 months.We have at least 5 floorplates, and loads of 5 shot mags in .308, and .223, but no tens, which is a shame, as its a great conversion.

The best is the badger/AI conversion, but ridiculously expensive at £300 is for the setup. We have a very similar one being made right now, which should be available, before the end of the month, and it will be in the region of £175 which will include pillars, and fixing bolts.AI mags for it are extra, and available in .308, and also converted to take .223 size rounds.

Another option are the little mag extensions, which replace the floorplate on a bdl, and are basically just a little box, which takes more cases...they arent removable, but you still load through the top, and can open them to dump the cases.

There are a number of US engineering companies making bottom metal and detatch mag systems which either accept AICS mags or own make magazines.

As already discussed, HS Precision, Badger and stock Remington detach systems are available here easily.

The HS are good and make a nice smooth fit to the rifle, but iv'e seen at least three that suffer problems with mags dropping out under recoil, this happens when dirt gets into the latch.

The stanrad Rem system is a "cheap and cheerful" affair and I personaly dont like the double latch system which requires inletting into the stock sides - IMHO they look ugly.

Badger - as Baldie rightly says they are expensive, if you buy in the UK. But they are damn near bomb proof and the feed is faultless.

Other manufacturers are:

Pacific Tool and Guage - the system is not listed in their inventory, but they do, do replacement bottom BDL metal and a mag system.

Seekins Precision - similar in footprint to Badger and takes own design magazines (neat latch system)

Tactical Rifles - another system with a Badger footprint, accepts AICS mags and available soon from a chap in the Manchester area at about £200

CDI Precision - makes a system for Rem, Howa and Winchester again similar in design to Badger accepting AICS mags.

Wyatt - make extended box mags for Remingtons

Pete Grisel (Sunny Hill) absolutely superb BDL style floorplate, but very expensive.

There really is a varied choice out there.

Archived