36gr Ready Break

1967spud

What are you plugging the case neck with spud?? Might be handy for fireforming .243AI

Mark

mark -wheni had a 243AI i just loaded with a near top end .243 load and shot them dont waste time shoot they will be vermin accurate.

Cheers Spud.

Gary, that's what I'm doing now, using 100% .243win loads but the rifle has become more range orientated so considering trying to save a few pennies here and there

MArk

well i was Gary but its not here yet , i chhased mr hornady up yesterday with not eta expected to say i wasnt happy would put it mildly

any way had an email 2 hours ago saying its on its way

so ill do 50 tomoz crem of wheat way then 50 when the die arrives and compare them both

• 3 weeks later...

Fire forming starts again!! Had a few blonde moments last week end.

IMG_1583_zps4f37e680.jpg

Ignore single sighting hole. The other is five shots at 100 yards just fire forming with no load dev at all. 31.0 grains varget 105 Berger hybrid sitting long as poss.

IMG_1585_zpsacea52ba.jpg

they both perform very similiary its a case of going one way or the other and the BR is a decent parent case any way to start from so i went the dasher route plus ive always fancied one - i could have stayed with the 6 slr but with the dasher its a little less recoil

Awsome combination6BR/Dasher/Hybrids,,,,,,,Nice shooting,,,,,,You must have a long lasting grin on your face could give e faceache.

I do indeed its me birthday as well, Happy days!!!

Can I detail slightly and ask what the dasher does that the 6x47 doesn't?

Can't argue it's an accurate round though!

In American Benchrest - which is huge by our standards, so offers a good overview of what really works - nothing has turned up yet that consistently outperforms the 6 Dasher for mid-range precision shooting. (And more than just occasionally, 1,000 yards BR too!)

The 6X47 was tried by many when the parent '47L appeared, but simply didn't lived up to its promise, so its use has dropped off heavily. That's not to say it performed poorly, just lacks the tiny something extra that a good Dasher seems able to deliver in this most demanding of disciplines.

And, we're only talking Benchrest competition here (which Mark has got his Dasher for). Any conclusions made here don't necessarily apply to varminting or F-Class for instance.

Archived