swaro 8x30 bino/ranger, is it enough for varminting?

post removed, found the answer, they arnt bloody binos just a mono. No use to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig

dont be so wuick to discount these.

Ive had some for several years now and use them for Deer Stalking, varminting and UKD rangework.

In short, they work, you can easily range small targets at "silly" distances and even use them as spotters to watch bullet trail and splash of strike.

Unless Swaro come out with a bino pair, I wont be changing to anything else quickly. :)

Thanks Andy. I have been looking for a way to cut down what I carry and just thought a rangefinder/ bino combo was the way forward but the lecia's bino/rangefinder combo were 1200 quid and for a man thats getting married this year thats just a bit too much. I saw the swaro and they looked just like bino's and I thought they were. I have a lecia 1200 at the minute and do use it for spotting as optics are pretty good in it but I find I get eye strain looking through it for long periods when spotting.

Thanks Andy. I have been looking for a way to cut down what I carry and just thought a rangefinder/ bino combo was the way forward but the lecia's bino/rangefinder combo were 1200 quid and for a man thats getting married this year thats just a bit too much.

Can you not put them on the wedding present list and hope for the best :)

Good idea Tim, I should try it :)

post removed, found the answer, they arnt bloody binos just a mono. No use to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swaro rangefinder is a cracking optic. I have ranged out to 1602yds with mine. I gave £380 at JJR sports last year and have no regrets.

Regards Pete.

Range finders have a relativly small field of view compared to Binos, the optical quality of my LRF1200 compared to Ziess binos in low light is not even remotly close.

I would have a go with a set of Geovids, I had a look through Northern Chris's set last autumn and was impressed but this was during daylight.

A

Range finders have a relativly small field of view compared to Binos, the optical quality of my LRF1200 compared to Ziess binos in low light is not even remotly close.

I would have a go with a set of Geovids, I had a look through Northern Chris's set last autumn and was impressed but this was during daylight.

A

i must say i did a deal with Chris on a set of geovids and i would not swap them for any others just yet.and if ziess think they are getting £1800 out of this chap,then they are very very much mistaken.

i original went to York guns to see a set and was not impressed by the geovids, but i have now got used to them and think they are a good set of bins

ATB

Colin :lol:

Guest northernchris

Geoff you can never compare light gathering properties between Range finders and Binos :lol: Two totally different tools.

Archived