H-S Precision Actions?

Dear All,

Please can anyone tell me which action the H-S Precision rifles action is based upon?

I know it has the swing safety like the Winchester, but I would like to know for sure which action it is based upon.

Regards, ft

Its based on the HS Precision action.

The action is made by HSP, though like many other successful actions is a "meld" of Rem 700 with some elements of Winchester / Mauser - (the safety).

They work, though are not that common here, I think Vince tested one in Target Sport Magazine days - when it was paper copy and I've had a couple in my hands when Viking were (are) the importers.

Almost certain it is a Remington clone...I have owned 3 of them a 300wsm htr which I should never have sold....a 223 which I should never have sold and a 308 Htr which I won't be selling....Barrels last forever and uber accurate. The only downside is the availability or not of spare magazines.

Ps all the above are lefty rifles to boot.

I did own an HS Precision rifle many years ago and, as stated by others, the action was pretty much a Remington copy - there must've been some arrangement between HSP and Remmy probably arising from Remington's use of the HSP stock on their PSS rifles.

I have been offered and H-S P short action, and wondered what stock would fit. The answer should be and H-S P one, of course, but Viking say that they are impossible to get hold of. I wondered what other stocks would fit?

ft

• 1 month later...

hs precision are a great rifle I regret not buying a friends a couple of years ago ther sweet im amost positive a hs stock of a remmy will fit just try one and if it does there are plenty for sale on the forum dave.

Archived