Atec maxim v Ase Utra Jet z

I heard one of them next to my 7x57 with the Jet-z. The rifle in question was a .243. To my mark1 ear, I felt that the moderator was a decoration as I never understood its usefulness...hard to beat them jet-z in my view...

Best wishes and good luck,

Finman

I've still got my Jetz for the range but when I'm stalking I use the maxim. Shorter and lighter so double lighter.

The Jetz is a tank and very good at controlling noise and muzzle flip but out and about the maxim is easier.

If your up this way Dave your more than welcome to try my maxims. I've got 1/2 and m14

I heard one of them next to my 7x57 with the Jet-z. The rifle in question was a .243. To my mark1 ear, I felt that the moderator was a decoration as I never understood its usefulness...hard to beat them jet-z in my view...

Best wishes and good luck,

Finman

This certainly doesn't bode well. Not bothered about decorating this rifle. It's a work horse and has been shot dare I say it un-moderated. However I hate hearing protection when stalking so need something to bring the DB's down.

I've still got my Jetz for the range but when I'm stalking I use the maxim. Shorter and lighter so double lighter.

The Jetz is a tank and very good at controlling noise and muzzle flip but out and about the maxim is easier.

If your up this way Dave your more than welcome to try my maxims. I've got 1/2 and m14

If only you had a 15x1 I would bite your hand off to try it. Will be going on my 7-08

Have you found a difference in group size with the different mods? Don't want to do load development again but needs must.

I traded a jetz for a maxim, no regrets. After all, its just a Moderator, reduces the sound a bit. The jetz started to drop rust down the barrel, the maxim wont suffer that. Ive not shot less animals because of it.

I traded a jetz for a maxim, no regrets. After all, its just a Moderator, reduces the sound a bit. The jetz started to drop rust down the barrel, the maxim wont suffer that. Ive not shot less animals because of it.

Yep, had some rust come through my 6x47. Scared the crap out of me.

Yep, had some rust come through my 6x47. Scared the crap out of me.

Cheers Gary.

Think I had already made the decision. A Monday call to Jacksons it is.

I got mine from Mike. I phoned around and he was up there as cheapest

• 3 weeks later...

Most suppressors reduce noise! They may vary a little,not really known if this is field significant.

Most will allow nasty stuff to run down barrels if left on-remove and clean,store off rifle

Gary,'not fewer animals' ...could we substitute 'not more animals'? see first point above.

OK,we all have our preferences,some more valid than others,or more appropriate to individual needs.

Helpful to say so,not overgeneralise or exaggerate.

gbal

I have both moderators. I bought the Maxim from Wsm on this site.

The Jet-z is excellent, I think this is pretty well known, the issue is that once you've got used to using them, that sets your standard of expectation.

The maxim is undoubtedly less efficient at sound reduction, but I cant help but thinking that for it's intended purpose which is for field rifles and hunting applications it ticks a box rather well. It doesn't weigh very much or unbalance your rifle as much as the alternatives on the market, and when you do let rip your ears don't bleed. :lol:

Archived