nightforce

longbow3

Read OSOK High End Scope review post on20 Oct,if you have not already;and the link to the test data.

Only you can decide which features are most salient to you (the test uses 25-22 NXS and ATACR as it is based on tactical shooters responses).The two Night Force scopes are very close,overall-at least for that set of users.

But as Tisme says,it's horses for courses...and down to the individual jockey (you!) Good luck,doubt that NF will disappoint.

gbal

Ray , The glass in the ATACR is some way better than that in the NSX( if that is important to you ) with around three times the amount of elevation than the 8-32 . I found that there was 127 moa in mine and winding on 20 moa of windage and firing a shot was bang on with the hash marks when on 25x .

I find the parallax sweet spot more critical / finer on the ATACR than my NXS's .

OSOK

Up until recently, I have never thought of Nighforce as having anything other than reasonable glass. I then had a look through the ATACR and was somewhat blown away. It is a huge leap forward in quality. Having said that the newer NXSs seem to have improved, but not to the standard of the ATACR. I am waiting for the 20mag SHV for my 20 TAC.

atacr all the way,much better glass etc for dusk shooting .

+1. I have both the scopes in question with the same ret and the ATACR is far far superior to the NXS. The glass is i00% better! I would almost go as far to say its one of the best (clearest) scopes I have looked through! Could possibly beat my 5-50 march

Hi Ray,

I have ATACR now as before had a pm2 and before that old nightforce , there is a big differenceto the past 2 scopes and with the MOAR T ret is supberb for more pinpoint shots and very good for elevation at extreme long range and does track spot on , and now my mate has just got the same as mine ,he loves it aswell you wont be disapointed

Loving the comments guys

I know a competitor at the SGA shoot commented that he could see his bullet holes at the 400m target and he was a very happy bunny

and despite the NXS having x32 magnification the ATACR seems to equal it with the clarity of the lenses

:unsure:still :wacko:pondering :blink:

all advice gratefully received

Archived