Foxshooter

There's probably little point searching it out because the reality is the vast majority of US exporters are erring way beyond the point of caution and refusing to export many things that are exempt the regs. There's also the issue of credit card fraud and many retailers use the ITAR regs as an excuse.

Guys here are still importing some decent scopes but forget anything that is directly developed for mil use.

The list has just recently been updated to broaden its range of items. Individuals visiting the USA and contemplating the purchase and attempted illegally exporting of prohibited items would be well advised to pause for thought to remind themselves that breaching or attempting to breach the ITAR are serious Federal offences with heavy fines and or jail time or both. The removal of packaging and attempts at "hiding" in hold luggage will only be considered one way by the American law enforcement.

The list has just recently been updated to broaden its range of items. Individuals visiting the USA and contemplating the purchase and attempted illegally exporting of prohibited items would be well advised to pause for thought to remind themselves that breaching or attempting to breach the ITAR are serious Federal offences with heavy fines and or jail time or both. The removal of packaging and attempts at "hiding" in hold luggage will only be considered one way by the American law enforcement.

I go to the States most years and have just arrived back very recently.

I have to say there has been a marked change over previous visits with some retailers being massively over cautious for fear of contravening the rules. Some examples of kit they wouldn't sell me include a spotting scope, a bore sighter and Ranger plates.

I'm sure you can find places that will still sell you stuff, but the marking of packaging has increased significantly clearly prohibiting export from USA or not for sale to non US citizens.

Archived