AI stock for tikka mod ?

jonathan.308

Akeid

That was me !!!!

Yeah it was a bit of a mission ...

I wouldn't use this method in a CF... It works great on Rimfire's but the recoil would be a Massive issue

Here is a pic ... Cz452 17HMR 16"

I was chatting to Neil McKillop a few months back and he told me that he had just converted an AICS for a Tikka 595. So I'm sure that he could also do a T3.

Also 'He who shall not be named' in Germany also makes an AICS clone for the T3.

Guest Stacka

AI apparently we're going to make a chassis for T3 but doesn't seem to have materialised.

Obviously Roedale (he that shall not be named)

......wouldn't it be good if some one here could be a UK distributor for the Roedale product and cut out the obvious.

Guest Stacka

Akeid

That was me !!!!

I wouldn't use this method in a CF... It works great on Rimfire's but the recoil would be a Massive issue

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

How on earth did you manage that, I wouldn't mind trying it.

AI apparently we're going to make a chassis for T3 but doesn't seem to have materialised.

Obviously Roedale (he that shall not be named)

......wouldn't it be good if some one here could be a UK distributor for the Roedale product and cut out the obvious.

The Sportsman's Gun Centre stock his suppressors. You could always ask them.

Akeid

That was me !!!!

czaw_zps19e7b72f.png

That is a work of genius!

Over on Snipers Hide there's a fellow from Oz that is making/modifying chassis to fit the T-3. Apparently (no first hand experience) it was not that complicated, as the T-3 has a flat bottomed receiver. I believe he (or someone else, I can't recall) had CAD files for the action inlet available by e-mail if wanted.

I believe Tom Irwin stated that AI do still intend to offer their stocks inletted for the T-3, but that they are getting the AT & MC rifles and stocks out first...

How on earth did you manage that, I wouldn't mind trying it.

Basically, it wasn't that hard to work out.... It was hard to build & get it right..

I got hold of a air soft stock - bright orange & 99% plastic,

But it had the important parts, ( adjustable cheek piece, rubber butt & spacers, sling mounts & the bipod spigot socket ) that worked & obviously a copy of the right shape.

I took it apart ( the same as the real skins ) teased out the metal joining pins, then set about trying to work out a chassis..

I decided that it wouldn't need to be a full chassis like the AI as its was for a rim fire, with hardly any recoil ... So I could negate the welding of the box section for the butt.. This then ment that ( I m not good welder ) I could build it out of Alloy Box section , tracking down the size of box section was an issue, I had to buy 6m of it ! .. So I have enough for 3 more stocks ...

The in-letting was a bit of head mess, as the height of the action would be heighten than the original let, so I needed to build up 2 pillars ( 1 around the front of the action , the other to the rear, around the action stud ) next was the mag release - still not managed to get hold of or build a new longer one - but I needed to make sure it would still function with ease ( its a bit fiddley if you don't know the rifle ) this as an issue as the front action screw bolts into the mag well... Hence why a longer mag release ( 5-10mm ) would be great. !

Then it was a session of cutting the plastic sides to take the new chassis & epoxing the front spigot / sling mounts to the chassis.

The cablity of the rile was not effected & may have been slighly improved

The alloy & the donor air soft stock was about £ 70 ...

The time is another issue !

That is one fine piece of work for a very good price. I think a project could be in order over winter.

So what are the chance's of getting some of the box section posted?

Yeah that is roughly £ 70 - alloy & donor stock ( each. ) + sunderies ( epoxy, paint, metal putty, ect ) + the time...

It's the time thats a bit of a git , cos it did take a long while & plenty of hours getting it lined up & sitting right. Let lone the cutting of the plastic, I was frightened that it could snap or I would slip with a grinder & have to get another donor stock from somewhere.

I would look at a different rifles to see which would suit it better ( for the work ) ... I'm not saying the CZ452 wasn't a good choice, but it was what I had, & no body offers a stock that I wanted ... After 3 years of looking & the cost of the couple I did find, that wernt exactly perfect, & were way out of the price bracket..... I stumbled across this idea, and thought I would give it ago

I have been asked by a couple of guys I shoot with to build 2 more, but its putting a price on them that's held me back.

I have sauced a few more donor stocks , and more of my ( Hornady Z-max ) green paint, so I spose we shall see

Archived