some help please

nearly there

Hi im wondering what the normal way of selling a firearm to a dealer is.he wants me to send him the firearm and when he gets it he will then send the cash.this seems dodgy to me.it be sent rfd to rfd.i may be wrong but as iv never met him or even in the same area it seems a bit of a risk.i suggested i get my rfd to call him when its in his shop and then sent payment but he says no

Hi im wondering what the normal way of selling a firearm to a dealer is.he wants me to send him the firearm and when he gets it he will then send the cash.this seems dodgy to me.it be sent rfd to rfd.i may be wrong but as iv never met him or even in the same area it seems a bit of a risk.i suggested i get my rfd to call him when its in his shop and then sent payment but he says no

Your obviously not comfortable with the situation so I'd just walk away and find someone else to buy my gun. If that isn't an option and despite any distance I'd drive to the dealer and do the deal face to face.

Just throwing my two pennies worth in .I sold a Benelli shotgun to a dealer ,he had the gun collected, I was then informed by him that it was for a customer who needed to see it first....... then another ten days before I actually got my cash after jumping through several hoops and me hassling him.

Another who actually test fired the rifle and took it to bits ....all without my permission then found an imaginary fault and sent it back.

My motto, an absolute now, all funds cleared into my account BEFORE I send any gun.

There are some people out there with some strange ideas on how to conduct a firearms transaction.

If you want to sell to this RFD then get him to arrange collection by his courier from a suitable address (home or work perhaps) then deduct the cost of this from the money he pays you.

It is not illegal for you to send a firearm to a RFD by post

You must use a suitable courier, most RFDs use TNT and you will probably need an account, hence get him to book a collection from you!

Mark

Just throwing my two pennies worth in .I sold a Benelli shotgun to a dealer ,he had the gun collected, I was then informed by him that it was for a customer who needed to see it first....... then another ten days before I actually got my cash after jumping through several hoops and me hassling him.

Another who actually test fired the rifle and took it to bits ....all without my permission then found an imaginary fault and sent it back.

My motto, an absolute now, all funds cleared into my account BEFORE I send any gun.

There are some people out there with some strange ideas on how to conduct a firearms transaction.

There are many ways to skin a cat, but I wouldn't part with any cash for a rifle without first having it checked out by a reputable rifle smith. Regards JCS

If you want to sell to this RFD then get him to arrange collection by his courier from a suitable address (home or work perhaps) then deduct the cost of this from the money he pays you.

It is not illegal for you to send a firearm to a RFD by post

You must use a suitable courier, most RFDs use TNT and you will probably need an account, hence get him to book a collection from you!

Mark

Good info,never knew you could post this way,thought it had to be from rfd to rfd

If I was buying a rifle (not from a reputable dealer) I would ONLY buy it at the address specified to the rifle owner's FAC. Only way to make sure I'm not buying the wrong rifle from the wrong people, if you catch my drift ;)

Archived