CSR kit list?

1967spud

Spud,

As a relative Newby myself, I've only shot 3 or 4 matches, I have found that printing off the COF and reading, make sure you have the basics, rifle, ammo, couple of magazines, pen/paper, binos and an open mind is all you need. Don't worry or over think it.

The shoots are very well run, everyone I've met (well all accept one, but there is always one <_< ) have been helpful and encourging. You shoot as a 'pair, one shooting one RO'ing just for you. Although the shooting is instant and 'fast' there is sufficient time to get all your 'shite' in one sock between stages, clarify whats happening next.

Bit of 'ribbing' here and there between folks but nothing vindictive (as you've probably desrved it! :D )

Very enjoyable, well worth coming along and trying.

T

I am signed up for my 1st CSR match on the 5th Oct my kit list will be something like this:-

rifle +chamber flag

4 x 30 round mags (this all depends on the CoF)

ammo (i'll be using GGG)

ear protectors

plenty of clothes to cover all weather conditions + dry clothes for driving home

food and drink for the whole day

print out of the CoF note pad and pen

drop chart for 25-600 yards

and I picked up a used eberlestock phatom daysack/drag bag to hold most of the above

this list I expect to grow for the November match and continue to be adjusted as I get to know how things work and what others do.

Are you thinking of coming Spud?

Here's what you need

Comfortable weatherproof clothing (we shoot through the winter and some days are absolutely manky

Boots of good quality and waterproof

Goretex or similar (for when it's really wet)

Gloves and a hat of some description.

Ear pro and (eye pro if you want)

Food and drink you can pack in your bag (don't want to be going thirsty and hungry)

Our days are long, generally 08.00-16.00 in winter or 17.30 in summer hours, with 1hr for lunch, so you'll be shooting/ROing for half a morning and half an afternoon, and the other half of morning and afternoon will be spent doing butts, so eat and drink when you can, and use the opportunity to relieve yourself when the chance arises.

It's all too easy to go through a whole day and hardly drink anything, and believe me if you don't you'll feel crap at the end of it.

The days are long, tiring but loads of fun and all are welcome.

You'll need a suitable rifle that can hold 10rds, spare mags, ample ammo (100-120 usually does it), a set of elevations noted down somewhere, a pen/pencil and notebook.

Windyometer if you want, good gun/kitbag and a chamber flag.

Binos for scores (scoping the target isn't a great idea.

Most of all you need enthusiasm and a sense of humour. Don't be too serious.

If you don't have a suitable rifle then one can be hired/borrowed and .223/308 ammo is always available at reasonable cost

All my stuff fits in an Eberlestock pack, but most ragbags such as Aim ones will also work

Spud,

If you want to try it out you are welcome to use my rifle, Bradders would squad us together but you'd need to sign up for the comp.

Just a thought?

T

Archived