BEWARE Optics Planet.com

coolforgot

Word of Advice: OPTICS PLANET.com

I purchased a scope on the 22 Aug from Optics Planet in the USA, tracking number was updated 26 Aug passing through New York, with a note 'updates every 48 hours'

since then I have heard nothing no updates/emails etc

I emailed optic planet and got generic, please wait 15 working days etc.

time passed,still no scope, I telephoned the States "we'll look into it"

now the latest is I have to wait 45 days before they can make a claim from their shipper ?

surely thats between them and their shipper , they have a contract with the shipper not me.

so the latest is I have to contact them on 6 Oct and 'produce all documentation required' then they will 'start' a claim

this is the 'customer service' you get,basically left waiting/waiting/waiting doh !

Why is this Optics Planets fault yet ? They've sent the item and like it or not they have to wait a prescribed time to make a claim in case the other turns up.Hardly reason to come up with the bold statement "Beware Optics Planet" and surely you could have waited to actually see how they resolve the matter if it is lost

Unfortunately a lot of suppliers in the States use USPS and as soon as it reaches the exporter its out of their hands and you've got no tracking until it's released to Parcelforce.I presume you've punched the number into Parcelforce website where it will usually say if they've been advised its on its way or if its reached these shores

Buying shooting related items from the US I won't start to get concerned until 4 weeks from ship date has passed, things can take that long. Having said that I'm careful what I bring over and try not to fall foul of ITAR. As queried above, what scope did you order?

Why is this Optics Planets fault yet ? They've sent the item and like it or not they have to wait a prescribed time to make a claim in case the other turns up.Hardly reason to come up with the bold statement "Beware Optics Planet" and surely you could have waited to actually see how they resolve the matter if it is lost

Unfortunately a lot of suppliers in the States use USPS and as soon as it reaches the exporter its out of their hands and you've got no tracking until it's released to Parcelforce.I presume you've punched the number into Parcelforce website where it will usually say if they've been advised its on its way or if its reached these shores

Optics/p say delivery is up to 15 days ,it's 21 now, I'm annoyed at theier unhelpful attitude, they have a cntract with the shipper,not me the third party, they could refund/replace the scope then sort it out with usps, UOPS will not answer quieries from UK, "contact your US supplier" round it goes, if they refunded & scope turned up,if I signned for it,they could charge me again,innit

They do not mention waiting 45 days BEFORE they can make a claim when you buy,just 'delivery can take up to 15 days. how long would you want to wait for a scope to arrive (if ever) or how long to get a refund,then back to square one,buy a scope !

they should take care of their customers first, then claim from the shippers who they contracted the delivery out to

Optics/p say delivery is up to 15 days ,it's 21 now, I'm annoyed at theier unhelpful attitude, they have a cntract with the shipper,not me the third party, they could refund/replace the scope then sort it out with usps, UOPS will not answer quieries from UK, "contact your US supplier" round it goes, if they refunded & scope turned up,if I signned for it,they could charge me again,innit

They do not mention waiting 45 days BEFORE they can make a claim when you buy,just 'delivery can take up to 15 days. how long would you want to wait for a scope to arrive (if ever) or how long to get a refund,then back to square one,buy a scope !

they should take care of their customers first, then claim from the shippers who they contracted the delivery out to

It'll be sat in Customs here, it's only 17 days

21 days & counting

It'll be sat in Customs here, it's only 17 days

21 days & counting

what scope was it?

Scope was a Nikon Prostaff 5, 3.5-14 x 40 (Silver) which you can not buy here, and was meant to team up with a Ruger Gunsite Scout .308

Nikon PROSTAFF 5 Riflescope - 3.5-14X40

do you have a tracking no?

got tracking no, last updated 26 Aug New-York

go

I bet it's fallen foul of ITAR. No compensation will be paid if it has, straight seizure.

I queried UK clearance prior to purchase and was told it was legal

t tracking no, last updated 26 Aug New-York

go

I bet it's fallen foul of ITAR. No compensation will be paid if it has, straight seizure.

I queried UK clearance prior to purchase and was told it was legal

21 days & counting

Phoned customs today,they checked ith Royal mail, there is NO record of it's arrival into UK

t tracking no, last updated 26 Aug New-York

The only way that they could guarantee that sort of delivery date is to send it by FedEx or UPS who have their own customs departments in this country.Sending by USPS there is no way of knowing when it leaves the US exporter or how long it sits in Customs this side of the pond.Add to this the 3/5 days that it takes Parcelforce to send you a letter asking for the charges before they'll release the item and you could be well into three weeks

I suppose the moral of the story is if you want to shop in the US be prepared to pay through the nose for a guaranteed courier or run the lottery with USPS/Parcelforce

The only way that they could guarantee that sort of delivery date is to send it by FedEx or UPS who have their own customs departments in this country.Sending by USPS there is no way of knowing when it leaves the US exporter or how long it sits in Customs this side of the pond.Add to this the 3/5 days that it takes Parcelforce to send you a letter asking for the charges before they'll release the item and you could be well into three weeks

I suppose the moral of the story is if you want to shop in the US be prepared to pay through the nose for a guaranteed courier or run the lottery with USPS/Parcelforce

Live & learn eh, if the seller made these things clearer, then you could make a choice based on the info, they only tell you the good bits,i.e "up to 15 days" that was acceptable, not wait 45 then claim & wait again, that would be a "no thanks" innit !

I wouldn't rule out it being parcelforce's fault. I've had a jewell trigger go missing for 3 months. The sender who I had no issues with& trusted implicitly started claim proceedings then as if like magic it turned up. Their Coventry hub can every now & then appear like the Bermuda triangle.

I wouldn't rule out it being parcelforce's fault. I've had a jewell trigger go missing for 3 months. The sender who I had no issues with& trusted implicitly started claim proceedings then as if like magic it turned up. Their Coventry hub can every now & then appear like the Bermuda triangle.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting !! Optics P are NO help at all, I've had to do all the work

I checked 'Google reviews' (on google maps,type in O/P address) and there are LOADS of similar complaints,wish I'd read the reviews first !.....still waiting,while they have my money,making interest Doh !

Archived