Restocking a T3 Varmint

LONG RANGE CAPT

I've currently got a T3 Varmint in .308 (left handed action) which shoots very well, however I'm not keen on the stock or mag system and have been thinking of changing the stock. I'm not keen on wood or laminate but would like something with a more vertical pistol grip.

What would other members recommend ?

I've currently got a T3 Varmint in .308 (left handed action) which shoots very well, however I'm not keen on the stock or mag system and have been thinking of changing the stock. I'm not keen on wood or laminate but would like something with a more vertical pistol grip.

What would other members recommend ?

You won't solve this. I recommend you save yourself a lot of angst by simply giving the rifle away to another left hander who could make use of the action.

On second thoughts - no let's just keep smuggling our purchases.

+1 on that!

Manners T4A is a great stock for the T3 and they can supply it inlet for CDI DBM which takes AICS mags. You'll find the feed is buttery smooth. Took mine out for a run at the range today as it happens.

+1 on that!

Manners T4A is a great stock for the T3 and they can supply it inlet for CDI DBM which takes AICS mags. You'll find the feed is buttery smooth. Took mine out for a run at the range today as it happens.

Where is the best place to get a Manners from in the UK & what's the cost ?

Roger at SYSS was the sole UK distributer but I'm not sure if that's now still the case. I know he did have several in stock including the CDI DBM so well worth giving him a shout. Regarding cost, not particularly cheap, the adjustable cheek piece and DBM all adds to it.

BD - your absolutely right !!!

While in this moment of madness I recommend all on UKV confess the true cost of hobby to our respective other half's.

On second thoughts - no let's just keep smuggling our purchases.

Boring. OK, the KRG X-Ray that GaryC's bringing in looks to be rather good, and at a sensible price - not sure on l/h : https://www.marchscopes.co.uk/index.php/en/rifle-stocks/whiskey-rifle-stocks

DW58 - like it - if only it had a gas piston fitted - I'd be all over it like a tramp on chips.

Plus a 20 / 30 mag

Gas piston - totally agree, but what can we do?

As for mags - AICS mags for the WSM calibres are only available in 3 & 7 rds (Accurate Mags) and 5 & 10 rds. (Alpha Industries) - I currently have 2x 3rd. and 1x 10 rd.

TET Spartan III mod/tac-brake going on it this week with luck as soon as my pal gets back from Florida and screw-cuts the barrel to 18x1 - anyone know why Tikka screw-cut their 20" varmint barrels, but not most 24"?

Archived