fitting a dbm conversion

nearly there

if your good with your hands it can be a diy job.i did my buddies r700 using a pillar drill and a dremel took about four hour.if in any doubt get a smith to do it as it needs to be set to the correct height so it feeds

I've done a couple myself and to finish off / neaten things up I used Devcon to bed the DBM. Function and feed are 100% but it's never going to look as good as a gunsmith doing it on a mill.

As Shuggy mentioned chassis systems come with detachable mags (usually AICS) - no faff just screw in the action and away you go.

Just send it to Third Eye Tactical and have them do it. They will put your stock into the CNC machine and it will mill it out perfectly to fit their bottom metal system with correct `pillar length` to ensure perfect feed, its fast and its perfect, so much so that a lot of 'smiths send theirs to get them done by TET too.

Apologies for a brief hijack, but what is the cost likely to be for the bottom metal parts for a Tikka T3 short action?

And could I save some money by buying direct from the US if and having it shipped over. If that's allowed of course??

Cheers

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for a brief hijack, but what is the cost likely to be for the bottom metal parts for a Tikka T3 short action?

And could I save some money by buying direct from the US if and having it shipped over. If that's allowed of course??

Cheers

Jamie

You might consider a Whiskey 3 or X-Ray chassis, as they are being imported to the UK and fit the Tikka short actions. Nice stock to boot...

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/23526-whiskey-3-chassis-systems/

You might consider a Whiskey 3 or X-Ray chassis, as they are being imported to the UK and fit the Tikka short actions. Nice stock to boot...

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/23526-whiskey-3-chassis-systems/

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for being dim, but how would I know if mine is a short action?

It's a Tikka T3 in .223 Rem.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for being dim, but how would I know if mine is a short action?

It's a Tikka T3 in .223 Rem.

Cheers

Jamie

There is only one action length on the T3 for all calibres. To accommodate short/medium/long rounds there are simply three different types of bolt-stop limiting the bolt stroke. Your .223 T3 will be referred to as "short" because of the calibre/magazine length however.

There is only one action length on the T3 for all calibres. To accommodate short/medium/long rounds there are simply three different types of bolt-stop limiting the bolt stroke. Your .223 T3 will be referred to as "short" because of the calibre/magazine length however.

Thanks Rob.

Jamie

Archived