Daily Star reveals new SAS sniper rifle

Chris

Its the BEST , because some one else makes IT , REALY , interesting reading that Israel makes the BEST weapons ever .

I disagree with that statement , they use to , BUT look at their recent offerings , like the Tavor and the new UZI version .

I like the old std UZI & the Mini UZI & the Micro , BUT the new one , NO .

Seems they are on a bent to make cheaper weapons , not BETTER .

Also , is it just me or go others think the Negev LMG , to me the gas block location seems very very close to the chamber , the pressure must be very high & sharp .

Me , I would get a AXMC 338 , and be done , Opps , that seems way to sensible , I take that back , why not buy the Dan & get support from a foreign country , or buy a South African 338 , Trevolo , as they also make speed guns for the Police .

Later Chris

If this story is true then unless anyone on here is currently serving in the SAS (1250 on the balcony to date!! :) ) and was involved in the weapons selection process, and can let us know why it is considered more suitable for their requirements, then we civilians can offer comments to our hearts content to no avail.

I believe that it is general knowledge that the SAS selects weapons that are not 'standard issue' ie the AR15 and suchlike, so let them get on with it and enjoy their new toy.

Incoming :D

I honestly find this hard to believe - it's also a odd type of article for such an awful Gutter Press paper to run.

Why are we not buying UK made 338 rifles made by Accuracy International company.????

We are, we've bought hundreds of them - L115A1, L115A3 and I believe that the AX version is now being used in certain units.

The only reason I could see for an Israeli weapon such as this to be procured (probably in extremely low numbers) might be for deniability purposes.

I'll believe it when I see it in black and white in a reliable media source - not The Daily Star s0225.gif

I'm surprised this story has taken so long to come out to be honest,

I actually carried and used one of these (in anger) when I was a platoon commander in 24 SAS Naval Reserve "The Jungle Rats"

We were tasked to Helo-Cast onto the banks of the Yahtzee River just west of Taramasalata on the King Dong peninsula in Guadalcanal back in '72 when we were fighting the Shining Path Guerrillas of Aden, but the Cab took a direct hit from a VietCong 88 being used by the Parisian Resistance Front. It took out the pilot and the rear prop (yes I know, unbelievable chain of events) and I had to lean out the door and empty mag after mag of the .338 wunder bullets in the opposite direction of our spin, and saved the whole squad from spiralling to an early grave.

I was awarded some medals for my act, but I'm not at liberty to discuss the incident

Archived