Lamping from the road

JB1

What are your view's on the subject folk ???

Just been out after Charlie tonight after being given the ok from the main man, who I must add is very strict about just the one gun or one permission at a time (1000 acres approx) I'm sitting out after Mr Fox when a 4x4 pulls up in a gate way 200yards from my position and lamps the field. Now feeling a tad like a target I'm a bit on the twitchy side. It's not a nice position to be in, the keepef will be informed tomorrow, and if I see the gent around he is likely to have an ear full.

Is this a common occurrence for any of you guy's ???

Happened to me and Zaitsev one night. Walking about, looking for foxes and a car/pickup truck lamped us from the road. Now, when in a field and looking towards the lamp our eyes would also probably shine. I lamped him back double time before either of us got smacked with whatever ordnance that idiot was carrying...most likely a chancing poacher, but a very uncomfortable situation nevertheless...

Best wishes

Finman

What are your view's on the subject folk ???

Just been out after Charlie tonight after being given the ok from the main man, who I must add is very strict about just the one gun or one permission at a time (1000 acres approx) I'm sitting out after Mr Fox when a 4x4 pulls up in a gate way 200yards from my position and lamps the field. Now feeling a tad like a target I'm a bit on the twitchy side. It's not a nice position to be in, the keepef will be informed tomorrow, and if I see the gent around he is likely to have an ear full.

Is this a common occurrence for any of you guy's ???

We get it a fair bit, chased a few off in the past. What area are you at??

Gaz

Not prepared to say were abouts, but I will say, I have a good idea who it may be,as they seem to do this a fair bit around my locality one things for sure I will do my utmost to have there licences revoked, and anything that follows well tuff.

And if it's who i suspect they don't shoot bog standard gear either.

Is this a poaching subject or asking if anybody lamps from the road? We lamp a hell of a lot off the roads. On our own permission of course. We were out last night lamping, We have a disco with the roof cut out and drive the lanes around the estate lamping the fields from the road. When we spot charlie we slip into the gate way and give it to him. Picked up 8 last night with one miss and one we couldn't find.

Regards Sean

looking towards the lamp our eyes would also probably shine. I lamped him back double time

I'd have definately done the same, but I don't think human eyes do shine in a lamp, due to the lack of a tapetum lucidum in humans and most other primates.

I'd have definately done the same, but I don't think human eyes do shine in a lamp, due to the lack of a tapetum lucidum in humans and most other primates.

He kept the lamp on us persistently and I wasn't prepared to test the hypothesis...I have seen human eyes shine in the dark under the lamp however, I hasten to add when I was using the lamp to direct mates to a shot fox, and not through the vehicle from the road :)

Best wishes

Finman

Archived