Manners Stocks

I was wondering if there are any particular thoughts on the Manners MCS T2/2A in quality / handling. The thought process is for a rifle that will be used for medium range (400-800) off a bipod rather than rest. Barrel contour will be either a heavy target or light varmint, finished at between 26-28".

Initially I was thinking of a McMillan A2, but they do not make them with an integrated cheek piece, the A3 - possibly not heavy enough up front?, A5 not sure/ do not like the butt hook. Then we have the question of the pistol grip not being long enough.

So is the T2 the best of all worlds - low forend, long pistol grip, no butt hook, and an integrated cheek piece?

What are people's experiences / thoughts please.

Regards,

MB

Have you tried sourcing one ?

Roger at SYSS was their agent for several years until recently, when they decided they wanted someone else.

Ordering one-off stocks from them was a complete waste of time, the service was appalling.

I had a T2A on a BAT for several years which I used for stalking and tactical comps abroad.

Superb stocks.

I sourced that stock before the previous dealership was in place and found Tom Manners no problem to deal with.

When I was building two F Class rifles (my current guns) I arrange through Roger at SYSS two Manners F Class stocks - they arrived without issue.

I believe the UK importer now is March Scopes UK (Gary C on here)

Id certainly consider another Manners, but if you do want a UK sourced stock thats as good, you may want to look at PSE Stocks (E Tac)

If I was YOU , I would get in touch with Staff synthic stocks , and forget all the BS drama with US made stocks , they should be able to make you something .

Later Chris

+1

There is too much hype over american made stocks. Likes of Mcmillan or manners etc, they have gained this hype from military contracts.

They are not the be all and end all of rifle stocks!

Staff synthetics are top quality and have made me 4 fantastic stocks!

Archived