UK Reload Swiss website goes live

Laurie

The GB outlet for the 'Reload Swiss' Nitrochemie powders range has got its website going, at the moment really on a 'watch this space' basis with promotional video, plus a sign-up to news facility for you to be advised of things as they unfold.

http://www.propellants.co.uk/

This is Nigel Cole-Hawkins of TR140 / Elcho 17 repute, recently appointed as the UK distributor and now beavering away setting up a retail network and commissioning load development / pressure testing. (I'm told the existing Swiss loads data is thin to non-existent, so it's a near start from scratch job.)

This is what is already available, albeit limited and hardly for LR apps and calibres. Customer pet loads are also included:

http://www.reload-swiss.com/en/reload_swiss/service_2/rs_kundenladedaten/seite___konfigurator.php

The link should appear in English.

Surely the makers/importers will supply more comprehensive load data - there is so little on the Reload Swiss® site at present, many popular calibres aren't even mentioned - In was amazed to see no load data for 7.5x55mm Swiss for example on a Swiss site!

Nigel Cole-Hawkins has commissioned an outfit in this country to do that job. There should be a good range of cartridges and data by the time of the lauch, although I can't imagine it'll be as comprehensive as Hodgdon who've been working on this for years.

Surely the makers/importers will supply more comprehensive load data - there is so little on the Reload Swiss® site at present, many popular calibres aren't even mentioned - In was amazed to see no load data for 7.5x55mm Swiss for example on a Swiss site!

Ha! Ha! I hadn't noticed that omission. :):o

Maybe nobody handloads GP31 ammo in the land of cuckoo clocks given the amount of government assistance still provided to Service Rifle competitors whether with Schmidt type straight pulls, or the 7.5mm StG57 first gen assault rifle. (I handled one of these a few years back, and I WANT TO SHOOT ONE - REALLY BADLY!)

Ha! Ha! I hadn't noticed that omission. :):o

Maybe nobody handloads GP31 ammo in the land of cuckoo clocks given the amount of government assistance still provided to Service Rifle competitors whether with Schmidt type straight pulls, or the 7.5mm StG57 first gen assault rifle. (I handled one of these a few years back, and I WANT TO SHOOT ONE - REALLY BADLY!)

You could have a point there Laurie, plus GP11 is so cheap in much of Western Europe.

I have recently bought a rather nice K31 and was fortunate enough to shoot my pal's Stgw.57 in Luxembourg a couple of years ago. The Stgw.57 is quite amazing for an assault rifle, it's so damned accurate with GP11 even with issue sites, and with diopter sights it's quite incredible.

Regarding the RS QuickLoad plug-in, the pressures are incredibly low for such high given MVs. It makes me wonder how accurate it all is, especially as the TR140 results do not match those of RS 50.

Archived