Magneto speed Chronagraph fix.

Anyone who has a Magnetospeed must of had problems keeping it on the barrel. Last Saturday at my local range I was chronagraphing 4 different loads for my new barrelled AE. (30)inch it was chucking it down and the band that keeps in on the barrel come loose (it don't need the wet to cause this). So I had a think and googled Velcro bands and come up with a firm called Athena Crafts (www.athenacrafts.co.uk and order some hook and loop cable ties they came in 3 days I have just tried them on my barrel and they make the Magneto speed as tight as a craps bum. Much better than the system on the Magnetospeed I also like add this is a dam sight better than my Chrony I have been using . Really pleased with especially now the weak link has been sorted.

Regards Entel.

Had you contacted the UK supplier (I'm assuming your in the UK as you've not filled in your location), you would have found out that there is a replacement retaining strap upgrade, which cures the "slippage" on the early models.

Had you contacted the UK supplier (I'm assuming your in the UK as you've not filled in your location), you would have found out that there is a replacement retaining strap upgrade, which cures the "slippage" on the early models.

I have been in touch with March Scopes who advise:

I have spoken with the manufacturers and the new straps are designed for the V3 chronos and won’t fit or work properly with the V1 or the V2.

Sorry we cannot assist.

Looks like we will all have to buy some velcro :(

Gareth

Hi Gareth

Which model Magnetospeed do you have?

Reason I ask is the early model strapping system was inferior, the later models had the thumb wheel and metal buckle.

We can upgrade the v1/2 strap but not with a V3 strap.

If in doubt send me a pic.

Regards

Gary

Hello Gareth

Looks like you have the Current strap, I personally have a V1 and yes it can be a bit fiddly however mine does stay put, not sure of your barrel profile or finish so I cannot really suggest anything else, maybe some masking tape would help with more grip.

If you have no joy send me some pics and A video and I will take a look and see if I can spot a problem.

Gary

I borrowed a Magnetospeed from Pete Walker yesterday to use at Diggle and Laurie was on the next bench and showed me how to set it up and after a few minutes and once the screw was tightened up on a shiny barrel, it did not move a jot. Far superior to my usual Chrony set up and faster to set up.

Very impressed with it.

Archived